musto using real fur!

I'm not pro fur but people will wear down filled jackets and use down filled pillows and duvets. Down is classed as a by product even tho most of the ducks and geese are bred for the down more than the meat and eggs.

Not sure who would breed coyotes for fur tho.......... Strange one

Reactions: Trewsers
I think down feathered coats are as bad - I'd never have got one had I realised years ago but OH did not know and bought me one.

Well, as long as the animals are humanely killed what is the difference between that and using a leather saddle? Or wearing leather shoes, or eating meat, or having sheepskin saddle pads? You could say unless you know where everything you eat, wear or use including make up and shower gels or shampoo comes from you may inadvertently be causing suffering to an animal somewhere? Like Jessey said I would much rather the coyotes be used for their fur than just be culled for the sake of culling.
Besides which I couldn't afford a Musto coat anyhow, so won't be having one on my list of things to buy.

It depends where the fur came from and the welfare issues involved. Same with down and feather products.

Angora wool from dodgy places is something I would never buy, but well sourced Angora comes from rabbits that are better looked after then most pet rabbits.

The most furs from the east. I bred purely for fur and killed in awful ways! I mean anything but humane. The difference is there not humane killed. Quite often skin alived!

Reactions: Wally
The most furs from the east. I bred purely for fur and killed in awful ways! I mean anything but humane. The difference is there not humane killed. Quite often skin alived!
Agree, China, to name but one produce duck and goose down and angora in very questionable ways. If an angora jumper is less than 150 quid it was not produced humanely,

I know it is horrible and I couldn't condone that but different cultures treat animals very differently to us. If you were born and raised in China for example you'd think nothing of it, I remember when my ex OH worked in China, he used to send photo's of the 'markets' which would make me physically sick but to the indigenous people it was nothing. To them dog is good meat, I don't imagine many of the rural areas keep dogs as pets because they probably can't afford to. They used to skin snakes alive in the restaurants too which I find quite horrific but to them it's normal.
While were on the subject not all animals are killed humanely in this country either, again I don't condone it but it happens, we've all seen and read the horror stories of the abattoirs in this country a few years ago and you can bet your life nothing much has really changed.
Human kind has been using animals in one form or another for thousands of years, I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it happens and unless everyone everywhere stops buying Musto coats with fur lined collars and feather fillings nothing much will change there either.

Reactions: jovi_y2k2
Coyote are native to North America, where did you get the info that these pelts are obtained in the east? And farmed?

Coyote are native to North America, where did you get the info that these pelts are obtained in the east? And farmed?
I don't think anyone is suggesting the ones in the OP were farmed, I think it was suggested that they were trapped as pests and the fur sold.
There is a massive fur industry in China that is suspect, I think that's what folk were discussing, and if you are going to use fur or fether to check carefully where it came from. I'd have no bother using fur off anything I'd shot myself, or any wild caught pest.

Says it's ethically sourced, Kiss of death for Musto if it's from a fur farm. They have a lot to lose.

Reactions: Jessey
I agree with the poster that we can't really split hairs-no pun intended over certain products.
If you wear or use leather an animal has been killed. If you use duck down filled items, I think the same can be said. If you use feathers the same can be said.

I actually do buy products that are duck down filled, they are extremely warm and if the duck is being/has been killed its a byproduct. I hate waste.

Reactions: Jessey
I agree with the poster that we can't really split hairs-no pun intended over certain products.
If you wear or use leather an animal has been killed. If you use duck down filled items, I think the same can be said. If you use feathers the same can be said.

I actually do buy products that are duck down filled, they are extremely warm and if the duck is being/has been killed its a byproduct. I hate waste.
The only problem is on some of these duck and goose down farms they pluck them alive.

newrider.com