My Amazing Jumping Elephant!!

Deefa

Apr 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Decided a week or so ago (with talks with instructor) that it was time to introduce Goli to some poles. As we dont have a menage i haven't been doing anything but trot and canter over poles on the floor as the ground isn't perfect yet and dont want him having a bad experiance.
We hired a local outdoor school today for an hour, so we could loose jump him for a little bit before and depending on how we got on i would tack up and have a go ridden!
Started off with a tiny cross pole and a pacing pole a stride away to help him on take off, but qiuckly learnt that it was to small and he was destroying it or trotting over it rather than make any effort at all. By the end we had a few fantastic jumps (not that i am biased!) and may have an eventer after all :D

Having a look around on arrival
DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_00512.jpg

First cross
DSC_00592.jpg

A little straight, still no effort lol
DSC_00682.jpg

First spread, a little better!
DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

A little bigger
DSC_0081.jpg

Bigger again
DSC_0097.jpg

Love his face on this one!
DSC_0083.jpg

Then i got on board!
DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

Little straight
DSC_0128.jpg

Spread
DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

And to finish!
DSC_0164.jpg

Fabulous, Deefa!!! :smile:

Great idea, loose-schooling first to let him know he CAN do them! He's gonna be such a star for you.....

17.2, cor, that's a big 'oss.

You both look great and I love the loose jumping. I'm hoping to reschool Ziggy over coloured poles this year so will watch your exploits and learn!

A very clever jumping elephant i must add!! :giggle:

Definatly a star in the making, hes just lovley! :wub:

He reminds me of a fairground ride...so tempting to get on, until you realise how high up it is! :giggle: (I think 13.3h is tall LOL! :redface:)

Was very surprised to read his height and age - he is a VERY well put together young man....:wub: One to watch for the future without a doubt!

newrider.com