My Beautiful boy

Frances144

Remember me?
Dec 21, 2011
Shetland, UK
www.myshetland.co.uk
This is my beautiful 3yo colt who I bought from Iceland.

I am working with him on a daily basis and we are becoming good friends. I think this important as I am the one looking after him (changing rugs, feeding, leading etc).

BN2A7101.jpg

He is learning to long-rein now and will soon be backed and sent for assessment/grading as an Icelandic stallion.

BN2A7187.jpg

I like my boy. We have a good rapport. Today he got stuck in another field over the stream all on his own, so I paddled through the stream, caught him and led him back over. He was very good and appreciated the fact that I bothered. I feed him a piece of carrot every day and make a special effort to find him if he has taken himself off.

He is a funny boy. He gets in a bit of a peeve if I leave the shed while he is working as he loves his dear old mum! :wub:

He is a genuinely nice bloke and up until August, he had never seen a person let alone worn a headcollar.

He has taken to people so well and is a gentleman. I am fully aware he is a stallion first and my friend second but it is a relationship I am very happy to work with.

He lives with Indy PingPong and 3 other geldings and though they are not huge friends, he gets on fine with them all.

BN2A3660-1.jpg

newrider.com