My boss died this morning

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I went over to start prepping the machine for dialysis and Mr G came and found me to ask if I could help him because he couldn't rouse Mrs G from sleep and he was on the phone to the ambulance people. I ran upstairs like the clappers, couldn't find a pulse so we got her on the floor (as instructed by the call centre) and I then administered chest compressions for 20 mins until the ambulance crew arrived and took over from me. Unfortunately she was pronounced dead about a half hour later.

She was 77 and had a host of ailments so it's not surprising really, but still a hell of a shock. She gave me hell at times but I'm going to miss her like family. Still can't believe she's gone. Mr G is going to need our love and support over the next days and weeks.... they were married for 54 years.

Aw that's a shock and very sad for you. End of an era and all that. Glad you can support Mr G, sounds like he's going to be needing it.

How very sad.

Thoughts with Mr G, yourself and Mr Domane. Do take care of yourself - you've had quite a shock. X

I'm so sorry @domane , lots of love to you all. Will you be able to support Mr G now that you're no longer down as a carer for Mrs G? While there's never a good time to lose someone it seems so hard right now when you can't fall back on family and friends xx

I am so sorry Domane. Covid has been terrible for people on dialysis. We know someone who died in December. It doesn make it any better saying this but it is a terrible time all round.

Thats very sad. You must have had a very difficult day. Look after yourself.
Will you still have a job there, or are you going to be looking for work.

I'm so sorry @domane , lots of love to you all. Will you be able to support Mr G now that you're no longer down as a carer for Mrs G? While there's never a good time to lose someone it seems so hard right now when you can't fall back on family and friends xx
Yes, @carthorse I will definitely be around for Mr G. I have been their housekeeper for 12 years, with the dialysis having only added in 18 months ago. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I won't miss it..... It was always such a worry when she was on the machine - mainly because of all her other ailments! Mrs G and I have spoken at length about her worries of "going first" and leaving him behind. He's actually fighting fit but he is ex-military (and still fiercely independent) and not a practical person at ALL- so he'll definitely need some looking after.... which I assured her I'd always do - for as long as he needs it.

Coroner has recorded her death as heart failure. Thankfully she wasn't touched by Covid.

@domane that must have been a huge weight off her mind, and just because someone's fiercely independent doesn't mean they don't want someone there, they just don't want to ask. After all these years you know how to manage him, and must seem like family to him x

So sorry for your loss, thinking of you all that must have been an awful shock X

So sorry, that must have been very traumatic for you and her husband. Condolences to you both.

newrider.com