My dream team treeless arrived

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
The person wrapped it in bubble wrap and plonked it in a bin bag, the delivery driver kindly then left it behind the bin as I was out... That could have ended badly!

Anyway, it looks nice, used but still in fair shape though it looks bigger than I expected, 21" along the underside of the gullet for lack of a better word but that's about the norm for what I've read. I expected to see some kind of makers mark on it, do they have one? Also got a treeless pad with it.

Looking forward to trying it on jess, though I can't ride for another couple of weeks as per poohsmate's instructions, I will lunge her in it tomorrow and see what she thinks.

When I do get to riding, I know they suggest safety stirrups, I'm not keen on peacocks so will my normal stirrups with cages be okay?

Will be interesting to see how you get on with it, I've not tried a Dream Team saddle :) Stirrups with cages imo are better then peacock stirrups (not a fan of them). What pad did you get with it?

Also do people use a breastplate just to prevent it getting as far as under their belly in case of a serious slippage and parting of company issue? I always did when roping in western as the likely hood of an incident increased

How exciting for you, bet you are really looking forward to using it. I don't use peacocks anymore, I'm too heavy for them. I used MH SC3 safety ones instead. I love the word "shims" btw!

I like threads with piccies;)
I have never used a breast plate, but if you feeel you want to try it with one, then do so.
If its bigger than you expected it sounds like the 17"
As far as I know it doesnt have a stamp, but the actual quality of the saddle tells you if you have a real or fake one. As in yours sshould be well made, fairly solid, not flimsy.

I'll get pics tomorrow on her. It does feel like really nice leather and has enough structure without being rigid like a cheapy my friend had so hopefully the real thing, the stitching on the seat looks the same as their website. I can't wait to try it now.

Rode in the DT this afternoon, I was a little nervous getting on as Jess hasn't been ridden in over a month due to her bad back, plus a new saddle and my mounting block not being tall enough to get on without pedals meant I had to clamber up the fence and teeter on the top rail to get on, but I needn't have worried [emoji3]

I was super comfy in it, felt like I melted into her back, even without pedals I felt very secure so headed to the forest.

Jess also seemed to approve, she's been a little indifferent about working the last month or two but today from 100 yards out we had her happy noises (she grunts and chatters) which she hasn't done much lately, she was also ears pricked and storming norma was back, she stomped out and didnt ask to go home at all [emoji2]

I cant wait to try it with stirrups, but for now im just so happy my girly is back and enjoying being ridden.

I didnt forget, will get some of me in it tomorrow
3f8118981c690622cba391037027b7b9.jpg

I'm going to get a banana girth for her and was thinking a bigger pad might be better, what do you pros think? Also the pommel, I'm paranoid about touching it in case I dig it in to her, I dismounted tonight by means of leg over neck and sliding off on my bum as I didn't want to lean on to it to dismount normally, do I need to be walking on eggshells with it?

Pad I would be looking to alter, the DT has its own shaped pad. Or you could opt for the larger equitex. Mine is a the dressage square and I don't use the girth keepers and it doesn't move. White wasn't my best choice!
Girth I use the W DT girth and I also have an air filled one she loves.

The pommel shouldn't have any weight in it, it just keeps the shape. Ideally you want to fit one/two fingers underneath, but it needs to actually touch the horse or you would have a floating saddle.

Oo I will have a look at pads and girths, thanks.

The pommel doesn't have weight in it, I meant I'm worried about putting my weight on it, as it's mobile I don't want to dig it in.

The girth wouldn't worry me too much, the pad looks way too small though and the wrong shape, might cause some pressure points/rubbing issues. Best way to tell if the pommel fits is to be able to get 1 or 2 fingers between withers and pommel block, and then be able to easily put your hand between shoulder and pommel block. I always get really paranoid about solid pommels, which is why I have ended up with the completely soft Sensations,lol.

Reactions: Jessey
The pad isn't ideal, just what came with it so I'm looking into other options, though there was good spinal clearance etc with it, I didn't see any indication of rubbing anywhere and had a good check when I un-tacked.
The pommel had great clearance and I could easily get a hand under it sat in it and it felt nice and stable but I am worried about leaning on it.

newrider.com