My Gang 2019

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
Well not sure where time has gone missed January on here .but better late than never. Boys are up at the yArd and fine. Girls are out and ok if not very muddy at the moment. I have some snow pics of the girls from last week didn't last long but after the freeze we are in mud roll on spring. Gem and Myst had their injections. Myst has rubbed not sure if just weather or lice so vet said to treat her which I had anyway hoping coat recovers in time for showing.

not sure where the time has gone, we are all still alive and kicking.

all are out now on the Summer Paddocks, Charlie and Gem and are both in work, Charlie went out to his first show in 5 yrs on Sunday, he was a dream to bath, load and travel, the boy has matured, he is not in show condition so the whole reason for taking him was that it was only a few miles up the road in the event of any travel issues after such a long time, he behaved well at the show and came away with a 5th and a 6th, low down on the placings for him but not unexpected, we were just pleased with the whole day and any placings a bonus. now he is out 24/7 and being worked daily his condition will come, muscle not fat, it takes as long as it takes.
Gem is being worked daily, ridden at weekends and ridden to be upped as soon as weather settles down, will be easier now boys are out.

Myst is coming on a dream, she follows you around like a lamb now, still on the headcollar in the filed but hope to have that ditched soon, she catches easy but still wary of he lead rope being visible, today approached her with the lunge rein and put it on and led her round with no issues so will put that in our routine now leading up to lunging, she has a grass belly to reduce!

Acorn had had his tying up issues again this month, my own fault I should have had him out end of March when he was fine, he is up at the field with Myst and on bute , farrier didn't do his feet last week as he didn't want to affect the issue, so he is a week over trimming which for him balance is a must, if it starts affecting his recovery then I will ring him to get a trim in before they are next booked in. monitoring him daily as we know these type of issues cause stress which itself can be a trigger for him for lammi. feet are cool, no pulses, weight is good, a bit of a crest but soft rather than hard , unfortunately can't put him on exercise which normally helps with keeping it in check.

Tess is due her injections tommorrow, she still has a big coat left despite loosing a lot of it, for her age and with her health issues she is doing okay, she will get her vet check tomorrow but not expecting anything major other than known issues, she will be getting a full clip in May , we don't want to have to rug her once she is clipped as she is better unrugged in regulating her own body temps to suit the weather, over heating can be bigger issue for her.

I am sure I have photos so will load some.

some from earlier this month of Tess and Myst, both have now moved off this winter grazing on the summer paddocks, in Mysts case now on restricted.

Attachments

• 20190412_090219_resized.jpg
    20190412_090219_resized.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190412_090224_resized.jpg
    20190412_090224_resized.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190412_090245_resized.jpg
    20190412_090245_resized.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 0
its been a couple of months since I have been on, not sure were the time has gone, seem to have less free time now since I retired. have a few photos of the gang (which i need to upload to my laptop first)and some updates on their progress, I also need to catch up with the news for the rest of you I am sure I must have missed lots.
Tess - is fine, she has the winter field to herself at the moment, has kept her weight on and her COPD is being sucessfully managed, doing much better than last year thanks to it not being so hot.

Charlie - doing fine, no more shows mainly due to weekends been busy and daughter moving work so she hasn't been able to keep the fitness up for them all, this will change next week so we will be back on track.
Acorn - poor little man tied up again, he is almost back to normal, he is almost off the bute have been reducing it slowly, Vet is happy with him and thank god no sign of lammi. this has put paid the planned showing.

Myst - coming on in leaps and bounds, she has had a bit it twice now, hope to do more next few weeks with her, with a view to getting a show in before end of year. she is getting better with farrier thank goodness but still his black witch.

Gem - is doing really well, not getting enough work as we would like but to change next week. She has however had saddle fitter and now sports a lovely Black country show saddle, we had the bit fitter last weekend and her new bit should be with us in time for the weekend, very informative and we will have got rid of the full cheek she was in ( not suitable at all and explained why she was evading and throwing her head around as soon as you moved up a gear) and thanks to the change we can get her into a plain hunter bridle - there is no sign of head throwing or mouth opening on the new bit we are getting. so all in all a very expensive few weeks but worth it to have a comfortable and happy pony. no pics of the new combination yet but will when I have them.

ah well hope everyone is okay and I will go and find my pics now....

Reactions: Jessey
Acorn laying down due to his mobility issues and browsing the hedge for cleevers and hawthorne, a daily walk out, 5 minutes and increasing to 20 part of his recovery routine, turnout. Vet has advised out 24/7 365 turnout if possible. its taken us 8 weeks to get him to where we are today bless him. but almost there.

Attachments

• Acorn.jpg
    Acorn.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Acorn 1.jpg
    Acorn 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
good grief is it that long since I caught up, since I retired I seem to have less me time.

all okay this end, Charlie is up at the yard now for winter, Gem and Acorn are in the acre hill field and Tess and Myst are in the 3 acre winter turnout.

We have had plenty of rain and the bottom of the paddocks have wetland status again with lakes and ducks. drying up a bit now as no rain for 4 days, some expected tonight but set fair again tomorrow.

I am now going to have a good browse and try and catch up with all of your posts.

newrider.com