My Guinea pig gave birth today...

Elcon_Poet

Jul 4, 2008
Pics arn't great but you get the idea lol they are half an hour old in these pics :)

This is mum to the babies

DSC00314.jpg

And here are the babies so cute like hamsters lol

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

I can't wait till they get older lol there are four there you can't actually see one of them cause he/she is so dark hahaha

I'm keeping one from this litter don't know which one yet though lol its soooo hard cause they are such darlings

Aww

One of my old guinea pigs had babies when i was on holiday but my dad looked after them...they were planned tho!!
Then i bought a couple off a lady and i put one with my girl pig and the other with my boy pig but turned out the lady hadn't really sexed them properly so one morning i went to feed them the 2 'boys' and 2 little ones shot out for food too i nearly had a heart attack!!!
So when buying pigs look in a book and sex them yourself!
A man i work with bought some for his kids and one of them gave birth too!!:eek:

So cute your babies.

Mine were planned and I kept them all (I just let the american cresteds have 1 litter) I couldn't believe the size of them as new borns!!!! It made my eyes water!!!!!:confused:

Not sure how to do this adding pic thing so here we go........ this is a few hours old only!!! Look at their cute quiffs! The girl didn't inherit the quiff but the 2 boys did. They are getting big now! The female piggies are all really adventurous and will break out of the aviary for a wander every time I leave the door open, the boys are all such wusses could leave the shed door open all day and they wont go out, have to watch it if I'm cleaning out and the shed and the aviary doors ar both open though as the girlies are straight in the shed with the boys causing mischief!!!:D

If it hasn't worked try looking here -
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...1353590&imageID=23090037#a=1353590&i=23090037

Last edited:
Your piggies are absolutely gorgeous :D My babies are just a day old now and its funny to watch them scamper around the cage with mum already lol I love them so adorable

we used to breed guinea pigs and they don't get any less cute no matter how many babies you see!!!! those pics made me cry they are so sweet!

i love guineas so much but never separate two boys fighting, it's the only time i ever got bitten by one and i've still got the scars!

I brought mine into the house in an indoor cage for the first two weeks to get them used to seeing us and the first morning they actually squeaked at me for their breakfast for the first time was soooooooooo cool!!! :D:D:D

Enjoy, they soon grow!!! :D

lol yeah they noisy little things aint they haha I got 6 adults and I can't even open the door and they are yelling their heads off for food lol I open a bag of crisps "wheek wheek wheek" hahaha

Ha ha it's great isn't it I love how they shout at me as soon as I open the back door!!!! I have 10! Make a right racket when they hear a carrier bag, think it's goodies!!! ha ha. I love rabbits too but they just arent as funny! Too quiet!!!:)

Congratulations on the new arrivals! :)Awwww! They are soooo cute! I love baby piggies!:D
I remember when i got my guinea pigs... they were small and cute, they are nearly 3 years old now though!
Not as small as yours of course! lol.:p
xxxxxx

newrider.com