my hansom lad is no longer amongst us

i am starting to accept he has gone now:eek:, im just going to miss that special boy so much :( on a slighlty brighter note one of my very dear friends has offered me her 3yr old andalusian mare to loan for a few months, then i will have a horsie to look after and do abit of ground work with to take my mind off of my boy, i know its soon but it has really lifted my spirits, she will never replace Jasper, but i think with out a horsey around i will just sink into an even deeper depression.

i am starting to accept he has gone now:eek:, im just going to miss that special boy so much :( on a slighlty brighter note one of my very dear friends has offered me her 3yr old andalusian mare to loan for a few months, then i will have a horsie to look after and do abit of ground work with to take my mind off of my boy, i know its soon but it has really lifted my spirits, she will never replace Jasper, but i think with out a horsey around i will just sink into an even deeper depression.

I did the same. Although I'd already been looking after Lucy for over a year when Rambo died, it was only after his death that I threw myself into her care - not being around horses would have been the worst punishment for my loss. Let the mare comfort you, and don't feel guilty about it.

What a fabulous friend! I think you are definately doing the right thing though, I had a month and a half between Cheyenne's death and Ace's arrival and it was so hard to not go to the yard just to be there, you don't know what to do with all the free time you suddenly have and it makes it all hurt so much more.

Ace was my healing horse, he helped me to really get through the really hard times like Christmas day, and Cheyenne and myself's joint birthday, I really hope this little mare gives you that whilst helping you to remember the wonderful Jasper! No horse will EVER replace him but you can lend your horsey love to other horses and touch their lives like you touched his! xxx

What a good friend you have, I'm so glad you are continuing to be involved. I quite agree, although of course everyone's different. My YO offered me her lovely mare to ride and then I bought another horse 6 weeks later. Still remember automatically looking at the clock at 3.30 pm each day after I lost my horse, ready to go and put my boots on, then remembering I didn't need to go to the yard anymore. Was like a knife in my heart.
Best wishes with the loan, sounds really nice.

Hope you keeping okay you really are doing the right thing looking after another one it never takes away the pain of losing yours but keeps you focused and you can give so much love to another one. When my Sovereign died I couldnt bear the thought of seeing another horse in her stable it had been built for her and unthoughtful people were asking if they could take it over I couldnt even bear to move her stuff out of it and I decided to get another horse completely different to her she was an old grey mare so I got a young coloured cob gelding he really helped me as he needed my care and attention. Even though I will never forget the years of love and fun I had with Sov, Snoopy has helped me through. Take care X

"I will lend to you for a while, a horse, God said,
For you to love him while he lives and mourn for him when he's dead.
Maybe for ten or twenty years, or maybe two or three
But will you, 'til I call him back, take care of him for me.
He'll bring his charms to gladden you and (should his stay be brief)
you'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return
But there are lessons taught below, I want this horse to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life's land I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to take my horse back again.

I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord Thy Will be Done,"
For all the joys this horse will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may
And for the happiness we've known forever grateful stay

But should you call him back much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
If, by our love, we've managed, your wishes to achieve
In memory of him we loved, to help us while we grieve.

When our faithful friend departs this world of strife,
We'll have another horse and love him all his life

Anon"

Stay strong hunny, my thoughts are with you xxxx

She sounds like just what you need. She'll understand that she's not a replacement, I'm sure she'll be a great comfort. Horses are such brilliant friends, they know how you're feeling and I bet she will bring back your smile. Best wishes love.

Z x

"I will lend to you for a while, a horse, God said,
For you to love him while he lives and mourn for him when he's dead.
Maybe for ten or twenty years, or maybe two or three
But will you, 'til I call him back, take care of him for me.
He'll bring his charms to gladden you and (should his stay be brief)
you'll always have his memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return
But there are lessons taught below, I want this horse to learn.

I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life's land I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love nor think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to take my horse back again.

I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord Thy Will be Done,"
For all the joys this horse will bring, the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may
And for the happiness we've known forever grateful stay

But should you call him back much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
If, by our love, we've managed, your wishes to achieve
In memory of him we loved, to help us while we grieve.

When our faithful friend departs this world of strife,
We'll have another horse and love him all his life

Anon"

Stay strong hunny, my thoughts are with you xxxx

that made me cry :eek::rolleyes: its beautifull :eek:

Sorry I didn't mean to make you cry :eek: A friend sent it to me when my dog passed away last year and I found it a little comforting, I think it just made me realise that all the years you have together aren't in vain once they're gone and maybe we have to suffer the grief as the price for giving them so much love and making their lives the best we can :eek:

Sorry I didn't mean to make you cry :eek: A friend sent it to me when my dog passed away last year and I found it a little comforting, I think it just made me realise that all the years you have together aren't in vain once they're gone and maybe we have to suffer the grief as the price for giving them so much love and making their lives the best we can :eek:

crying again - im a wreck atm lol:), no the words in that poem are just so lovely ;)

I think a pony to play with is just what you need chickyd. Nothing will ever replace Jasper but it will help you to move on.

Wishing you luck with your new pony xx

God it's heartbreaking. I do feel for you.

When I lost my beloved dog I tried to think of him cavorting around in Doggy Heaven, chasing bitches and meeting up with all his old pals. :)

Do take very good care of yourself, make sure you're eating properly and getting some sleep. And holler if you need anything.

Zayna x

This is very true. My friend did the same for me in the sense of getting me out to find a new horse, I was numb to the whole event at first but it gave me a focus.
I bought voltan and I could hear all the whispers of “far too soon”, “she didn’t love him as much as she made out”…..heartbreaking to hear but do they truly know unless they have experienced it themselves, we all function so differently.

For me it was the best thing I did, nothing as you say ever replaces our beloved ones but it gives us a focus to help come through the grief. As a friend said “Another horse is missing out on a valuable loving home that you can offer”

I know I personally tried not to love again or get close but you heart opens up another chapter.

newrider.com