Star the Fell

Jun 14, 2015
Had to have Star pts tonight.
Horrible PPID and laminitis.
Don’t think I’ll ever recover from this
My reason for living has gone.
See you soon Star x

Oh hun :( I’m so sorry to read this you must be devastated :(

Massive hugs to you, take care of yourself while you grieve and remember we are all here for you to chat to xx

Reactions: Star the Fell
I am so so sorry for your loss and concerned about how you're feeling, always hear to listen if that helps at all in the slightest X

I'm so very sorry.

It's hard, but please don't do anything silly. I'm sure you have other reasons for living, and Star will live on through your memories. Be strong & live for her xxx

I'm so sorry, its a nasty bastard disease :( I understand how devastating it is loosing your special one, nothing can be said to ease that pain but do try to find solace in the fact that she is no longer suffering xxx

I knew as soon as I saw her last night that I had to let her go. She was in so much pain.
I was lucky in that ‘my’ vet was on call last night and she was absolutely brilliant telling me exactly what would happen, making sure I was certain, but not trying to change my mind at all.
My husband was with me, and kept me upright and breathing and my friend and her husband stayed too, to deal with the practicalities.
I’ve not slept at all. Because it was late last night, her body can’t be collected until this morning, so she has been out all night on her own.
I was in two minds about cutting some tail to make a bracelet, but took some as I thought I’d later regret it if I didn’t, now I don’t know if I’ve actually taken enough.

If there isn't enough for a bracelet there'll almost certainly be enough for something. I didn't have long enough pieces for a bracelet but Kayti made me some lovely pendants which are actually more practical because I can wear on all the time with far less risk of damaging it.

I am so sorry to hear this, RIP Star run pain free . I know there is nothing I can say that will take the pain away but it does get easier, just remember you have done the last thing you can for her and that is release her from pain, yours will ease in time, you never forget a piece of your heart goes with themxx

I'm so very sorry to read this. You must be absolutely devastated. I hope in time the pain will ease and you'll be able to look back on your happy memories together with a smile and know you did the best thing for her at the end. RIP Star x

Last edited:
I have a Fell pony who is my touchstone. She is my confidence and my happy place. I know too well how you must be feeling because in January I came within 24 hours of having her PTS, as I was told she had end stage liver failure. I decided to allow her a little more time as she wasn't in pain and still had food which made her happy and instead of getting worse, she got better but I was there, in your place. I made the decision you made.

You must not feel bad about that choice. We as horse owners are privileged to be able to prevent suffering. We take the suffering upon ourselves so they don't have to endure it.

It's the price we pay for loving them and they are worth it. Be kind to yourself. xx

I am so sorry to read this. As already said, always here to "talk" to, if ever you want, and listen, feel free to off load. I truly understand, I felt the same when we had J pts, still makes me cry now so know how hard it is for you. Lots and lots of kind thoughts coming to you, take care of yourselfxxxxxx

newrider.com