My lesson today ....

Apr 19, 2015
Well it went well got more confident but I had a scare :( on the rising trot my one foot came out my stirrup and I slid side wards and I couldn't slide myself back on so I was hanging on for dear life as I felt I couldn't pull myself back up I'm so worried about falling :( horse riding feels about the most dangerous thing to do! But on the positive side with a bit of encouragement I done 4 more rising trots I learnt my lesson though on what not to do so I shouldn't fall of that way at least now. I'm not scared to get back on though we'll I am a bit but I have to I have the horsey bug nothing could stop me like that :p

It can give you a bit of a jolty nervous moment when that happens. Try not to worry about it. Most falls (in my limited experience) happen so fast you don't have time to worry / correct them anyway. That's not to say I don't analyse them to death afterwards!lol
You'll look back on it soon and wonder why it bothered you:)

It did and I hurt my side also I did want to cry out of shock but I held back and at the moment yes I still feel emotional I can't wait to look back and think why did it bother me to and oh I'd be like that analyse I am now a bit I think I got to learn how to pull myself back on not let shock take over which it did today and also I so couldn't ride a rising trot I don't think with my arms out to the side I got a funny feeling I'd have been next if what happened didn't happen I found it hard to relax for the rest of the lesson but the last trot I did love better also I did have a bit of a look at horsey stuff eyeing up hoodies as well as hats I think a spending spree is going to happen :D

I almost had a similar experience early on when I lost a stirrup and slid sideways. the horse I was on was kind enough to stop when he felt me slide though, so I managed to stay put! Its a scary moment when you feel yourself going, but I'm glad to hear it hasn't put you off. I do the analysing thing afterwards too, when I had my first fall, I was fine at the time....it was later that I started over thinking it which made me a bit nervy. Ohhhh...you can't beat a horsey spending spree! You'll need to share about any horsey purchases you make:D

Reactions: Trewsers
It can give you a bit of a jolty nervous moment when that happens. Try not to worry about it. Most falls (in my limited experience) happen so fast you don't have time to worry / correct them anyway. That's not to say I don't analyse them to death afterwards!lol
You'll look back on it soon and wonder why it bothered you:)

So true before you know it-- its over.

Take photos of your purchases:D

I do feel a bit better today but still a bit nervous i think ill get that until its fine even more so i tend to hold onto stuff like that which wont do me any favours so its trying to fight that!. I did get a bit teary last night then i was fine. Nic i was beginning to worry about you wondering where you was!. And i lost my stirrup after my slip it happened so fast i think my horse stopped for me actually or he was stopped but it did happen so quick im not quite sure i did thank my lead who stopped me falling to, he seemed to just jump in when he wasnt supposed to i think but im glad he did. i think i was staring with shock thinking help me... then i was helped. But the horse was calm whilst i got myself adjusted again looking back i could of pushed myself back up but its easier said than done when your on the horses back im just getting onto holding the reins whilst i do the rising trot more confidently now so i am enjoying that. I actually think today besides the nerves im actually missing horse riding at the beginning of last week a few days before my lesson i did just want to get back on my horse to i feel so once i did have a ride i relaxed it seems definately got the horsey bug.

i think anyone who thinks itll put you off just dont understand the horsey bug to be honest!. but im greatful for all the support ive received off here. i think i also feel ive got so much to learn yet and achieve i couldnt give it up, feels like im meant to be doing horse riding really.
I think once i have my first fall yes theres other falls that can happen but i do think id be more relaxed when it does happen still hope i wont fall though but i think theyd come a time i will.
And i will share it with all of you didnt think of taking pictures actually until now but now i hear of it it seems a brilliant idea:D Ive got a couple of ideas at the moment that i might design myself. Like getting a plain hoody then putting on a horse motif... i quite like the glittery horsey jumpers but saying that i think i need a coat aswell, so i might add one to that then as for my hat im getting measured next week for that i feel, so im still seeing what they have there.

i think once its over aswell you think are you hurt...no your ok ok ill get up well i expect thats how it is. I think id always want to get back on the horse if i can though.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com