My new Barefoot Saddle - help on position.

entreat

Number of Falls - 8
Hi there!
My new saddle just arrived, & I was hoping some of the treeless users out there & help me with positioning the saddle.

It's a Barefoot Chenneye.

Saddle01.jpg

Saddle02.jpg

and some ridden shots...
Saddle03.jpg

Saddle04.jpg

all help appreciated as the only person at the yard that had one has since left!

I rode in it again today & it slid back alittle. I put it that far forward as the instruction sheet said to sit it over the whither... *shrug* Maybe I'll send some photos to the place I bought it from.

Cheers Ali. Mouse gets fidgety and anxious with a bit, so we most ride in a halter. I had someone today (who clearly overestimated her confidence/ability on Mouse) try to blame the halter for her not fairing too well. I promised her she would have done worse with a bit!!

Last edited:
It definitely wants to go back a bit - it's hovering on her whereas I think if it goes back a wee bit, it'll be more level, and won't encourage you to sit on the cantle block when mounted. I'd also recommend tucking the girth straps in as those will flap and bother your mare.

BTW the saddle looks awesome on her and she's gorgeous :)

id agree it could do backa bit. if you lok at the pics you can see that it lifts at the back when her head is down, if you put it on while her head it down you can move it to where it sits level and put extra padding if neccesary, tho it doesnt look like it sat down much at the front:)

Yeah I agree it could go back a touch :) I was once the only one with one of these on my yard and could tell you some tedious tales of being told to draw my leg back a la normal English saddle and then hearing how it was making me hollow my back :mad: your horse looks very happy in it and your PNH well done.

CHeers guys. :D

Mouse is tops (gelding, btw... but fat enough to be having twins!!). He was a bit jittery that first day, but the next day I went on an hour & a half trail ride (with saddle back further) & he was fine. I was so comfortable!! It's a great feeling not having something hard under your bum!

newrider.com