My new Friesian Mare :-)

dragonfarmgirl

Oct 26, 2008
cheshire/shropshire
Title gives it away :giggle:
Firstly - Many profuse, profound and probably profane apologies for being naughty and not involving you all in my little shopping adventure and then teasing you. I hang my head and am slightly sorry :giggle:
I am on someone elses computer and with a really awful connection so if you want pics someone will have to help by posting a link to the advert.
She is on Friesians4all.com, on the mares for sale page, right at the bottom, advert number 2929. I don't know if it is possible to post the pics directly to NR ?
As some of you know I had the most wonderful Friesian called Jake who stole mine, and everyone elses heart. I ended up having to sell him to make sure he was safe from ex OH (long story) and he has the best home ever, but he left a friesian shaped hole in my heart.
I now have a lovely haflinger, a stunning arab and a rescue thoroughbred and am 90% happy, but always, at the bottom of my heart, I knew I would one day have another friesian.
I've worked really hard to get finances sorted and realised that in the spring I would be able to afford my dream.
I contacted Ingrid at Friesians4all just to sound her out about prices and whallop !!! She has the perfect mare so all of a sudden I am scrabbling around trying to get money now.
Whilst waiting for the bank to give me a decision I hear that the perfect mare, Sylvia, is sold.
I was very disappointed but looked at some other pictures and found another who was more the modern, sporty type but still almost perfect.so I decided to have her.
Got decision from bank yesterday YES :biggrin: and then found out today that the people who were going to buy my beloved Sylvia have had to use her money for a colic op for their stallion so she is back on the market.
I'm sad for them but VERY happy for me as Sylvia is now mine :dance:
The other buyers had her vetted on wednesday so I have a copy of that vetting for free and it showed no problems or abnormalities. I could have her x-rayed but it costs 400 euros and I will only be using her for hacking etc so won't bother.
She has been kept out at grass all her life so hopefully won't have any of the possible OCD leg problems associated with over feeding as a youngster.
So my Sylvie is 5 1/2 yrs old, 15.2, unbroken, baroque style mare with a very long mane and tail and a very pretty, gentle face.
She has an excellent pedigree and has low inbreeding of 2.9% and I've been told has a very loving affectionate temperament.
I can't afford the time or money to go over to Holland and visit her so will have to rely on the dealers honesty but I did alot of research and they have been in business for 15 yrs, export all over the world and I found lots and lots of positive things on Google about them and only a couple of not so happy.
They do seem to have been very honest about all the horses we talked about so I feel very confident.
So, some time in the next 2 weeks she will arrive in the uk and my herd and my heart will be complete :angel:
Sorry this is so long but I have tried to give you lots of info to make up for teasing you:wink:, and the computer may die at any moment so might not be able to answer questions.
Hope I am forgiven ????????
Hope someone can post the pics or a link :smile: xxx

Thanks Pharoah and DarkStorm for posting the link :)
Thanks for nice comments, she is rather lovely though I am biased.
She won't replace Jake but she has the same sweet look.
I'll keep you posted about her arrival and promise you lots of pics :biggrin:
Its been a hectic, rollercoaster couple of weeks but worth it ( I hope).
Bit of a risk buying unseen from Holland but there just isn't the choice and prices in this country so we shall wait and see what arrives. Don't think there will be a problem though :biggrin:

Wowzers she's a bit of a looker isn't she!!
You must be soooo excited-& v brave buying from *abroad* - I know it's not the USA but still quite exotic!!
Incidentally I have just bought a 2yr old haffie so will be calling on you for advise!(picking him up 3 weeks today!)
I wish you a long & happy life with her x

Thanks SBS :biggrin: I bet we get our horses about the same time so plenty of excitement.
I know I'm bad for sneaky horse buying but looks like I'm not the only one :wink:
Good luck with your boy and you must do an introducing thread and tell us all about him xxx

She is beautiful!!

Also, I didn't know there were "sporty" Friesians... I thought they all looked like Syliva does!

Thanks SBS :biggrin: I bet we get our horses about the same time so plenty of excitement.
I know I'm bad for sneaky horse buying but looks like I'm not the only one :wink:
Good luck with your boy and you must do an introducing thread and tell us all about him xxx

Thankyou lovely-tis v exciting times, will indeed do an introducing Horace thread (Horace :nerd: tis a loooong story :redcarded:)
Here's to sneaky buying :biggrin:

:sluggish: Im not sluggish but I am very green with jealousy! She is gorgeous. Haflinger and Freisians - my 2 favourite breeds you lucky thing! I know its not luck, its hard work, so I dont begrudge you! Hope you have a fab time - you'll definately be busy! look forward to hearing all about them :biggrin:

newrider.com