My new lunge roller from Kis Vihar

Daffy Dilly

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
It's here!!!

I'm borrowing Karin's photos as a) it's still in the box and I don't have the camera at work and b) I'm not allowed to put it on Daffy's back just yet. ;)

Modelled by the lovely Dora :)

DSC05511.jpg

DSC05512.jpg

DSC05514.jpg

I specifically wanted a nice soft roller with lots of spinal clearance, and I asked for driving terrets at the wither for more advanced longreining, as I found my lines were getting stuck in my old roller. The terrets are removeable which is great (means I don't need to put them on if we aren't using them) and there is a leather strip which goes between them and the actual roller, with a metal plate in it which makes it more rigid over Daffy's spine.

There is plenty of flexibility in it (if you take the plate off) to allow for Daffy's muscles to rebuild. The leatherwork is beautiful, can't fault it, and it's all supple and soft. I'm sure Daffy will love it (I do!) and I can't wait to get it on him! :D

I think I got the prototype a few weeks ago! Haven't got round to posting photos yet, and horse is now injured so it can't be used for a little while. But I'm really pleased with it, Paul and Karin listened exactly to what I wanted (security, terrets, LOTS of rings down the sides) and even changed the design at the last minute to add one more ring. It's lovely and fits very nicely, just what I wanted! And of course it matches the lunge cavesson perfectly ;)

With the forum being closed I moved them in my photobucket album to break the links. I wasn't sure that Kis Vihar would want them leaving up given the status of the forum and it was the only way I had to access them. :)

I should get some photos of it on Daffy tonight, but suffice to say, it's very nice. ;)

newrider.com