My New Saddle From NR Member :)

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I spotted a saddle for sale and I took a good three days thinking before I bought it. :)

It came with a lovely dark brown / black physio Barefoot pad. I had been looking to replace my pad under the current saddle anyway and I hoped, fingers crossed, that it would suit and fit both. I plan to keep both yes :)
The underside detaches for washing and I believe it's designed for heavier riders or horses lacking muscle. In my case fussy pots because she doesn't like the standard fleece pads (she wouldn't would she ;)) But I can get away with that teeny bit on the back.

The girth that was included is also a lovely mahogany colour and again suits my current saddle. Tried that combo today.

I will have a proper ride in the new one tomorrow. It's a Sensation Dressage for Sensation fans and it's going to be interesting riding between the two.

Attachments

• PicsArt_10-03-04.40.49.jpg
    PicsArt_10-03-04.40.49.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PicsArt_10-03-04.42.06.jpg
    PicsArt_10-03-04.42.06.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 20
Oo I was eyeing it up too but couldln't warrant it with the possibility of paying for an MRI still looming :( I shall look forward to the reports :D

I had a 45 minute schooling / playing session.

One thing as I mentioned to @mystiquemalaika is the pommel hits me in the cotton candies ;) Now I know it mentions nothing of this on the website so it's not meant to do that. I have moved the stirrup plate back and it's better. I think with a tweak or two I can resolve this. I imagine because everything else about it is a nice fit that it's how I am rising to the trot/have been on previous non knee roll saddle.

Of course I had to go off exploring with it around the fields. I actually didn't feel that secure going up and down unlevel ground. I had that lovely classical seat that I have only seen in books, but I felt if a certain cob spots an opportunity, she will take it! Well I had to try out canter and she spotted her chance to put her hoof down a bit. I may have had a pretty position but i was pretty ineffective and she jolly well knew that. ;)
It was one of those well you wanted forwards here it is. I bet she had a smug look on her face to. No reflection on the saddle, I am sure most that buy these can ride :)

Rofl @newforest

I know what you mean about not feeling as secure,it takes abit of getting used to riding in that position. I used to ride short and not sitting 'classically correct' but I now ride in that long leg shoulder hip knee position and it's the only way I feel secure,pop my stirrups up and I feel like I'll tip off. Just wjat we get used to and that saddle does place you in that position without really trying.

Loving the picture of Tilly with smug grin,have a Thelwall image in my head ;-)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Update and I will get photos, promise.

RI came out today and I had a really good productive and positive lesson.

I Love the saddle!

I needed a tweak to the stirrups and my general way going.
Then I discovered we had self carriage and I was able to feel the difference between having it and not having it.
We did just walk and trot and my focus was on feel because if she asked me to adjust my leg I needed to take in what that felt like. We needed to allow the cob the time to feel the alteration in how I sat.

:)

Yes it's really comfortable and it's great for working on me.
I am looking for a saddle cover for it now. Seen a few I like.

Yes it's really comfortable and it's great for working on me.
I am looking for a saddle cover for it now. Seen a few I like.

I think I have a sensation one that wint fit my western. Let me double check and if I have I'll pop it in the post for you if you want it :)

newrider.com