My Safi swan song - pics & vid!

larri

Luso Loopy!
Sep 10, 2001
West Essex / Herts border uk
Had my last lesson with Kate last night before Safi goes to Chelle's and managed to get a few pics and a video.

Safi always had a nice trot, but due to back issues last year seemed to lose her oomph a little, almost like she was scared to let go.
She had a treatment from Richard Maxwell about a month ago on her poll and shoulders as she was ouchy and after we started to get odd flashes of THE TROT....you know the one, you feel the back end dip and the shoulders come up and POW! Big floaty and wonderful.
Last night Saf was on a mission and produced some beautiful work - it made all the tears, troubles & tribulations worth it.
Me - I couldn't stay with it at all, she literally took my breath away and she was so chuffed with herself! :D
I'm so pleased we got it before she goes, I love that little mare so much, so it was a brilliant way to finish this chapter of our time together.

Chelle you are getting the most wonderful little horse, she's all heart and when you find the key to unlocking her talent and she gives her all it's like finding the gold at the end of the rainbow.

Sorry they're so dark, but click on the thumbnails and they get a bit better

Kate having a blast

Me struggling to stay with her!

One day I'll be able to ride this horse!

Video of her strutting her stuff, she moves ok for a little un with an unbalanced sack of spuds on her back :eek:

Safi trot video

Ah who says luso's don't have decent paces :p

Hi Larri.
Safi's looking great. Really sorry to hear you had to let her go for a while.
Would also like to say that your position has improved dramtically since i last saw you ride. Brilliant work :D

Thanks David - coming from you that's praise indeed :D (you didn't see the twenty other pics though :eek:)

She's really come on with her jumping as well....not quite so yeehaa these days, but I think her future is in dressage.

Chelle, I think I'll be sticking to EE :rolleyes:

Brilliant Larri! Im chuffed for you and she looks amazing. You have done so well with her and set some good solid foundations for Chelle to further her on. Well done luv :)

Yep she is still on NR :) And will return to her rightful owner after a year:eek:

Lots of dressage ;) Hoping to get her threw to the TB finals, although 2nd rounds start on the 1st April, last one we can do is the 13th of May, so got to work hard at that.

Hopefully affiliate her pretty soon after she has got used to going out to a few unaff shows, although I prefer affiliated myself, the warmups are normally much more controlled.

She will do abit of jumping, although not with me on her, and just generally get out and about and do as much as we can without pushing her:D

newrider.com