My share was PTS last night

nelle

May 27, 2005
South East
my beautiful, kind share pony, Marti was PTS last night after developing colic. It was terrible to see her in so much pain despite having massive doses of sedatives and painkillers and the vet said she wasn't going to make it so she was PTS by injection.

I didn't share her for very long, just about a year, but I loved every minute of being with her and felt it a great honour to gain her trust and look after her.

I'm so sorry, I watched a horse with colic the other night and thankfully it wasn't a serious bout but still distressing, I can't imagen how upset you and her owner must be:(

I'm so very sorry, you must be devastated.At least she had the best care in her last hours.Poor little girl.
We may only be computer buddies on here, but the saddness felt at the loss of Marti is as true as if we were standing by your side,Thinking of you ...take care.xxx

i am so sorry to hear this. I lost my beloved pony only less than 2 weeks ago, also due to suspected colic. You just can't let them suffer. Am thinking of you.

Oh dear, poor Marti - and poor you... You've had a really bad time lately with the navicular and everything, I'm so sorry to hear Marti didn't pull through. Though I'm glad you have a nice time to look back on, and lovely memories of the times you spent together. xxx

Thank you all for your kind words.

I know the best was done by her, the vet offered her surgery, but that would have meant travelling to Potters Bar which would have taken hours to get to. As it was we had a 45 minute journey to the vets surgery to try medical intervention to save her and the sedative wore off within minutes of us arriving. She would have been in agony in the back of the lorry on her own if we'd have had to travel a longer distance.

As it was she was sedated again and her owner and I got to say goodbye to her as she lay peacefully in a clean, warm stable before she was PTS. Although I am devastated and shall her miss lots it was a relief to see her calm and painfree.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this nelle. Hope you feel a bit better soon, and can enjoy the good memories. {{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Thinking of you and everyone else who will feel the gap that Marti has left behind her.

I've been sharing for about the same amount of time you had, perhaps slightly longer, and I know if anything ever happened to Gyp it'd hit me pretty hard. You have my deepest sympathies.

So sorry about your loss, my mare, Zola, had colic in the winter. Wasn't too serious but enough to make me see how much i would miss her if anything serious happened to her.
I kind of know how you're feeling now, vibes coming your way.
R.I.P Marti

newrider.com