my third lesson

louise1

Nov 4, 2006
Farnborough, Hants
I had my 3rd lesson today (it was postponed from tuesday due to very heavy weather) On the way to the yard the heavens opened but it all stopped by the time I was ready.

I had a good lesson again today ( i think so!:D ) I continued with my rising trot and changing the leg etc. I am having trouble keeping the horse moving at the same pace, we get going ok (after a little bit of convincing) its just trying to keep the pace going, he tends to slow down the trot and I have difficulty to bring the pace back up. I try to 'sqeeze' when my bum hits the saddle, otherwise i do kick him on if his doesnt listen (as per the ri telling me to - its her horse and he can be lazy) any ideas from you people or is it a case of just keep practising??

just to give you a laugh - we finished the lesson, i was dismounting but it didnt go to plan and i ended up on my bum!!! i bought my leg round off the horse and went to jump down, i did that ok and then lost my balance as i jump down. :D i enjoyed it and have booked up next week for my 4th lesson.

I had the same trouble. It took a bit to get Merlin trotting and then keeping him trotting. The RI gave me a whip to try. I did manage to keep him going for a whole lap.

Glad you enjoyed and have bokked next lesson.

Your poor pride:D too.

Mine is Wednesday at 11. I have heard the weather isn't going to be good too and it is going to last over christmas. I hope it stays nice for our riding lessons too. I would really miss them now. Didn't think i would be hooked so soon.

Hey ladies,
Great to hear how you have been getting on, I'm due for my third lesson next Tuesday. I got a new hat for my birthday, technically I dont want to try it out but I want to wear it!:p

You both sound to be doing so well, I have my lessons out on hack really, I havent been in the school learning so serpentines dont mean anything to me.

Good luck for the next lessons.

Hey ladies,
Great to hear how you have been getting on, I'm due for my third lesson next Tuesday. I got a new hat for my birthday, technically I dont want to try it out but I want to wear it!:p

You both sound to be doing so well, I have my lessons out on hack really, I havent been in the school learning so serpentines dont mean anything to me.

Good luck for the next lessons.

Good Luck for Tuesday. And happy belated birthday.

i hope the weather is ok over xmas, i go on my first hack on boxing day, only been trekking a few times before, really cant wait, my christmas bonus is coming next friday,so its a new hat,new boots,first on the shopping list,,i feel like a kid again,is this normal? i hope so,

newrider.com