NAF Oestress

bexj

May 8, 2002
Penistone
www.mollycob.blogspot.com
Just reading the thread there about mares coming into season reminded me that I was going to look into NAF Oestress this year as something to try with Molly. I can't believe time has passed so fast!

After an unsuccessful spell on regumate last summer (made her too ploddy - almost it was too strong for her, and then the tantrums when she came off it almost made me want to call Pedigree Chum.....), I've heard some good reports about NAF.

How long before the start of her seasons does she need to start taking it - ie should she start now?

Any other comments about it's use or effectiveness please!

i don't think it really matters when you start her on it. We put bonnie onto it when she was being a real madam and we noticed a significant improvement within 5 days of putting her on it. It was certainly by far the best 'moody mare' product we'd used with her.

Becky, fab product - I've used it for Stumpers and she calmed down - although she was still a little mareish but much better!!

I can't quite believe Little MollyCob can be a madam at times! :D

I had Jess on it last year as the year before she was a right madam (to the extent she kicked me seriously several times) and it worked wonders, she was nice and calm and relaxed - I did think at one point she was just more settled in her seasons (as she was now 3 yo) and took her off it, within 3 days she was being a cow again, back on it an 3-5 days later we had the full calming effects again :D

Mysy was the queen of temper tantrums and also was on regumute for a while. Naf Oestress was by far the best thing on the market, that was accessable by not going through a vet - brilliant stuff.

I ket her on it all year as she came into season all year round and it was just a general calmer or her too.

Thanks all.

Now, my OH, a scientist at heart, if not by profession, goes "humph, all that herbal stuff is nonsense, it only works because you think it's working. There's nothing to prove it. A few people posting on NR is hardly a scientific result"

Me, a non-scientist, hasn't got a leg to stand on! HELP!!!!

well my mare went from attacking anything in sight particularly at feed time to the point where I couldnt ride her for the few days she was in season, i fed her oestress and even my mum could handle her who is none too confident around horses to say the least!!

Just tell him herbal is just stuff that isn't marketed by huge phamasutical companies :D ask him where penacillin came from, and asprin :D most drugs today come from 'herbal' origins, it just takes a while for the drug companies to catch on, test, fiddle and begin marketing it.
OK so some of them don't work as well as people say, but some really do, and many of the things in Oestress have been used for centuarys - there must be some reason behind that :D

My OH was like that for ages, when working nights he was having trouble sleeping on his off days - I got an aromatherapy mix from my mum (shes an aromaterapist) and put 2 drops onto each of his feet with him objecting to all the hocus pocus - within just a few minutes he was like a kid who was so tired they fall asleep in the tea :D now he doesn't discredit these things until he sees what effect they have :D

J x

newrider.com