Naff fly repellent tags.....

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
Hi, As I've mentioned previously our lovely little welsh A suffers from sweet itch quite badly, last year out vet told us to use diosect as a fly repellent for her, I will be using it again this year. I just thought I could attach a naff off tag to her rug also so thought it was asking of anyone's used these and do they work and lady the 4-6 weeks claimed? x

Far from innocent, lol but she's really sweet and tbh really suffers in summer hence me trying to be pro active now, we got her mid summer last year and I'm hoping to be on top of it and not end up with steroid cream this year. She mainly rubs her tail but is such a sweet albeit cheeky pony that we have to forgive her if at times her tail looks like a toilet brush, lol. x

Yes she's rugged and she wrecks them just ordered a premier equine fly rug as her last ones has holes now:-( planned on getting her a boett as had one in the past for another horse and it was fab but bought premier equine as it was a private seller who'd bought it but was never used so a bit of a bargain. Ran elec fence round inside of her paddock last year and when we first got her the vet prescribed Isoderm which helped get it under control them we used diosect as repellent as advised by vet. x

We also used Avon skin so soft but only cause another vet told me about it about 10 years ago got another horse I had.x

Have a look into neem oil and also turmeric. Both have given fantastic results with a horse I know. He didn't lose about strand of hair last year.

Reactions: tikkitti
I never found the tags much good tbh, last year I tried power phaser products and although they stank they were good. Much better than any other fly sprays I've used.

newrider.com