Nature knew

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
I think the higher powers knew that my heart had broken last night. As this greeted me this morning on my way to work. I came up the hill from my house heading to the stables.

395FDD38-98A8-4856-AC7E-0E1E0E950BDA.jpeg D8432257-1237-406F-A59F-B74601CA18DE.jpeg

Kia has the vet today. He has only gained 30kgs. So once the herd is coming in for overnight turnout Kia will go to sleep.

I knew before he went and I broke my heart last night, it is still breaking right now typing this. He has been my rock and sanity for 17yrs, I honestly can’t remember life without him as I got him when I was a teenager. He wasn’t even for me but I have treasured him all these years. I owe him this.

So this was nature’s way of letting me know that my heartbreak is not only pain but also a higher type of love.

I will be spending the next weeks having fun with my boy.

Thanks for reading x

Last edited:
I can't say how sorry I am to see this. I know you've enjoyed him, cared for him, worried about him and educated yourself for his welfare. I also know you've come close to beggaring yourself at times to ensure he gets what he needs.
I'm certain you've chosen well for him in this as in all other aspects of his care. xxxx

Reactions: MrC
Horrible decision to have to make, but I absolutely back you. I'm so sorry it has come to this. xx

I am so so very sorry to read this. My heart is breaking for you. You truly are an amazing mum to him and your love for him has always shone through, you are both very lucky to have each other, not all get that and what you both have is rare, try and hold onto that over the coming weeks. Truly the biggest hugs and love xxx

No words really. If Kia can't be the real Kia you know and love you're doing him the final kindness. Never worry what you owe him, he owes you too - a caring, devoted and attentive owner for all those years. Howl all you like, we'll all be thiinking of you both. ..

So sorry. I can remember only too well from my first horse, what it was like anticipating the dreadful day. I’m sure you will make the most of the time you have left. Hugs x

So, so sorry to read this. It’s such a hard decision to make, but it shows how much you truly love him

Every time you see a sunset or sunrise like that you will remember him with love. Huge hugs from me xx

I'm so sorry to be reading this, nothing I can say to make it any easier but I will be thinking of you over the next few weeks X

This is terrible news to hear, but he is so lucky to have you making the right decision for him :(

Thank you everyone. I was heartbroken all day yesterday and the day before but now I think I’m just a bit numb and hollow.

I know i have made the right decision, I know I have to put him first. The fact that he is unaware is making it easier for me and that he isn’t in any immediate suffering. I will enjoy my time with him and hopefully share some of it with everyone and keep updating his blog as much as I can to share the rest of his journey with those who like to follow it.

We will be Nikki and Kia for as long as we are able to be xx

Reactions: carthorse
That sky says it all, so brooding and glorious. I hope he still makes your heart lift in his last weeks - he doesn't know, at least.

Thinking of you.

I thought we might have to lose Aimee donkey around now as she came out of the winter not great, she has picked up, so we fingers cross. Sometimes having made the decision, the waiting then is the hard bit.

newrider.com