Near miss.... Superstar Charlie

Thyme & Me

Nov 23, 2011
I was lungeing this morning with my 7 yo daughter stood next to me as I was showing her how to lunge. I asked for canter and she decided at that moment to run across the school to watch from the mounting block! Right across the lungeing circle and right in his path :eek: She had no idea how fast he can move!

It never crossed my mind that she would leave my side and I had no time to react. For one horrendous moment I thought she would get run over, but Charlie stopped dead. What a star :inlove: A lucky escape and a lesson learnt for both me and her.....

Heart stopping moment! At least you know Charlie has perfect manners and holds a lot of respect for you both :wink:

Oh gosh, I hate that. Time goes into slow-motion and there is nothing you can do but watch whatever unfurls completely helpless.

My stroppy 5yo daughter decided to walk past the back end of a Highland pony that had just double-barrelled the knee-caps out of someone.

All I could do was shout "NOOoo!" but being youngest daughter she ignored me and walked past. I was nearly sick with fear as this Highland was on its way out of my life (loan for our riding school) for this very reason.

Luckily, and I still thank all the Gods to this day, it did nothing and daughter sailed past.

newrider.com