Nearly exit stage left!

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
So things have been going far too well with the yielding and then walk/canter. Today we were getting more impulsion and he was getting the idea of using his quarters under him properly. There was a rug hanging on the gates at C which we'd passed so many times I couldn't tell you and as we went by it thîs time his eyes popped out, his ears pointed out the Danger Rug and he shot sideways. It took four attempts to get him to go past, and this was all in the last five minutes of the lesson. :rolleyes: Pillock!

Reactions: Wally
Very good that you rode through it. Hope you are pleased with yourself. Today's weather was so noisy And vile that I barely left walk in my lesson on a gelding I dont yet know well. And I did get a wee spook too or more accurately reverse gear when a fire engine came up the lane towards us as we rode home. I went right to the verge but it didnt bother to pause as it passed us.
I think it makes one feel a bit better to have problem solved - For you to try to pass the rug 4 times and not relent is good.

Reactions: chev
newrider.com