Nearly kissed the grass this morning.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Well I've been riding gently for a few days, bit of hacking and a bit of schooling, today decided to make use of my friends big spare field and go for a bit of canter work. Belle enjoyed it immensely and was as good as gold, then poor girl stumbled and went down on her knees, it all happened so quick and for a very brief moment I thought 'holy crap, this is going to hurt' but bless her as she went down I ended up hugging her neck and she flipped her head and neck up and pushed me back upright, she got up and had a shake as if to say 'phew what was all that about' of course I jumped off and checked her over - she was fine, just grass stains on her knees and we carried on in walk to cool her off.
Have to say I dare not tell the OH as I've tweaked my back a bit and he'll do the 'I told you so' thing.
Don't know why I've posted really, just wanted to share I suppose. I so love my little girl.

The same thing happened to me when I was a kid. Pony tripped and threw his head and neck back up just in time to save me hitting the deck. Unfortunately we collided, his neck hit my face and I lost a tooth. Glad you're OK (tweaked back aside).

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Hope your back is okay! Good Belle though - she sounds such a sweetie. My Stormy tripped in the school and went right down a couple of years ago, I stayed on but it did make me jump and as it happened I wasn't sure if I was "going over the handlebars" or staying ono_O
Don't tell your OH lol he'll be ticking you off:D

Thanks all to be honest I was so worried about her I after I checked her over I gave her a big hug and burst into tears! Too much other stuff going on in my life just now that I'm fighting to keep a lid on emotionally and I think that just tipped me over the edge. She is a good horse, she may not be the fastest or the most exciting ride but she gives her all and never stops trying. Lol she most likely thought 'for gods sake get your fat ass off my neck so I can get back up easier!' :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Thanks all to be honest I was so worried about her I after I checked her over I gave her a big hug and burst into tears! Too much other stuff going on in my life just now that I'm fighting to keep a lid on emotionally and I think that just tipped me over the edge. She is a good horse, she may not be the fastest or the most exciting ride but she gives her all and never stops trying. Lol she most likely thought 'for gods sake get your fat ass off my neck so I can get back up easier!' :)

Aw, I have been there with the crying thing due to other stuff in life going ono_O our horses are great tho for giving us an outlet:) I know there is a lot I couldn't have got through without my two soft grey muzzles:D
Hope whatever else you have going on settles down. Tx

How sweet of her. Glad you didn't part company.
Have to say I hate the oh I am going moment, would rather do what I did and just land.

newrider.com