Need Help with Stormy

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
so I am getting these guys out to help my partner with Stormy, he needs to learn manners and my partner is backing away from him so I am calling in some expert help in the form of these guys

http://www.centrelines.co.uk/p_Homepage_2.ikml

They are only based at Newark not to far from us...
Stormy wont have lice treatment on:cry: , wont pick up his back feet which are getting in a terrible state and my OH needs to learn more about NH so going to book him a Assement lesson and see what they think. and go from there.

Plus when the time comes I might send him away to be started here too.

Stormy is becoming the boss of my partner and it needs nipping in the bud before someone gets hurt :(

Last edited:
What i found helped was being consistent and setting boundaries.
I kick myself if i take a step back, but i m aware of that and ask her to step back. She knows not to bump into me but i get the odd oops nudge.
She does it to the herd as seen her do it.

As for backing, how confident is your other half generally, i may be inclined to get help to come to you. I had two nh lessons with the cob on my yard and got rid of her in favour of my riding club instructor. What i mean is, does the nh methods suit stormy if your other half also needs to learn about feel and timing.

Bailey didn't like having his back feet picked up either (Must be a Tornado thing), and I ended up calling Patrick Gacey out to help assist me and the farrier.
It worked wonders, and shaped Bailey (and the Farrier as he'd not long been qualified) for the future. It really isn't worth getting the horse or owner stressed out over this, sometimes things just end up as you've described with a horse who hates having his back legs touched never mind feet, it's better to call help in, and doing it in a calm and supported environment for both Stormy and your Oh.
Getting help isn't a failure as an owner either, it just eases things for a young mind, in your case, Stormy's. I just wanted to get every thing right for Bailey, if I couldn't do it, I asked for help.

I had the same nh instructor as nh. I had several lessons on groundwork with her but thought she was very unreasonable with him in the last one we had, forcing him to pass something he was scared of. It didn't work, he didn't do it willingly and even she admitted he really was scared. Tobes is bright and spooky and a monkey but he didn't deserve that and i wouldn't have her back. Even my bhsy yo last year had more feel for a horse than that.
He detested her and i wouldn't want him to feel that way about me.

So i would pick your person carefully.

newrider.com