Need opinion on a horse I might go look at

Mswiggi

Mar 23, 2004
Visit site
Hi,

I've found a pony I might go look at, it's several hours away so I don't want to waste my time going to look at her if she doesn't look sound or anything. The current owner said she "got her form a bad situtation, but is a great pony."

here's some pictures of her, her hind fetlocks look large to me..

horse2.jpg

horse1.jpg

i'm not sure about the fetlock thing but she looks a great horse she a really nice colour as well good luck! :)

This is just a personal opinion, and I kinda hope I'm very very wrong, but she doesn't look to carry herself too well. I can't really explain it though, she just looks a little uncomfortable [shrugs] probably just me.
She is really, really pretty though. How old is she, it could just be that shes still young and needs a bit of bringing on, any other details? breeding etc, might help explain her confirmation a bit?!?
Vicki xx

She's a mixed appy, present owner isn't sure of her breeding, she's 12 and may be in foal, possibly due in August. She's also had her hooves done and front feet have been shod since the picture was taken.

Looking again, its quite possible that i'm seeign the differences because she'd ridden western, kinda overlooked that the first time :rolleyes: I'm so dumb!!!
Was just wondering about breding because of fetlocks, maybe is she' got something heavier in her that would explain it, but a vetting would show any problems if you get that far and decide you like her.
She has a proper sweet face though!
Vicki xx

newrider.com