Need your famous vibes xx *pics page 5*

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
I know i haven`t been on here in a while but I really REALLY need your vibes people ... Coby is extremely poorly this evening, i got there and called him and he couldn`t move, i knew something was wrong coz he didn`t come to me in the field, and he is soooooo ill :cry: We managed to coax him down and i rang the vet straight away, it was like he was drunk, his legs just didn`t seem to belong to him. The vet has been, ruled out colic (gut sounds are fine and he`s pooing ok) and ruled out lami (no heat, pulses or reaction to hoof testers). It seems he is tying up, and he couldn`t walk and was shaking violently, as well as having a very high heart rate and high temp ... grass sickness has been mentioned, among other things. He is currently in a stable, and has had pain relief, buscopan and lots of bloods taken. I`ve just got home (after being dragged here by hubs) and i`m freezing cold and heartbroken ... i just need him to be ok !!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this.

My elderly mare had similar, almost like a heat stroke. It was toxins from the grass that went to her 4 feet. She didn't have lami but it was due to the grass that she had eaten. She swayed and was sweating, staggering around. Recovered fully when i took her off that particular section of grass.

Hey guys, he hasn`t improved much over night, and this morning he`s still stiff/unco-ordinated on his legs, he has passed some droppings, but they`re harder than normal, he hasn`t eaten his haynet which is unheard of for him, but he has had his fast fibre with his bute in it at about 7am. There`s another issue this morning, his skin seems to have large weird patches with air underneath that crackles and pops when you run your fingers over it. The vet has been told, and his blood tests are dues back anythime now ... as soon as i know anything more i`ll let you all know xx

Very sorry to hear this - you must be so worried. Special healing Yorkhire vibes for ponio, and hug for you too. Stay strong, Daisy

(((((((((((((((((====xxxxx=====))))))))))))))))))

newrider.com