Never too old!

*toHorse&Away*

Apr 14, 2005
Essex
:D We just recently got a new teacher for our group lessons.
I gave them up a few weeks back as I felt I was getting worse and had a few privates with this lady who is now teaching the group.
So much more to learn and concentrate on but she is such a big help - I have been cantering round 20m cricles with loads of transition inc walk to canter on a horse I could carely get into trot before!
So this week she decided we were going to have a giggle and do some gymkhana games. We are all mature riders in the group but we all went into it in the right spirit and although we will never make horse of the year show we had a grat laugh cantering in and out obstacles and relaying mouldy carrots and jumping and all sorts. Not only was it a great laugh it did my confidence loads of good as the team spitit kicked in so that I was more worried about getting up and down the course than worrying about the jumps in the way and so...7 months after I started riding again I now feel like jumping is coming back again.

All I can say is you are definitely never too old and it gets one's whirring mind off trying to do everything right and on to having a giggle which in turn actually helps with confience and ability that personally I thought I had lost.

sorry - what a ramble, it was just such fun I thought I would share it!!! :D

Lessons like that are great when you always concentrate on the doing everything prpoerly but plain and simply having fun :D and just cause your a mature rider doesn't mean you can't have fun like the kids :) :D It's sometimes more fun as an adult beacuse it's so rare to do such thing.

You'll probably find as you were having so much fun, you were less concious, more relaxed and therefore rode really well without noticing.

Well done and keep it up :D

A couple of months back me and a friend decided to play gymkhana games against each other. It was SO fun! I think there should be adult gymkhanas at shows. Why should the under 16's get all the fun!?!

newrider.com