New at horse riding with no riding clothes, send help!!

And the op never came back.
But in case anyone else starts up riding this post could be useful.

I have a huge problem and I do need help, so the thing is I'm new into riding and don't really have the best equipment. It's been almost two weeks and I am riding wearing leggings and my converse chuck Taylor. The thing is there is no near equestrian shop in my town and it's not really easy getting out of town to go buy some. And the other thing is I don't really trust online shopping cause I don't know if the size is gonna fit me.

I really need an advise! Should I keep wearing my leggings and my converse until I have the chance to go outside town or order online??

No matter what option you choose, there are a few things you can do to make sure you're safe and comfortable while riding. Make sure that your leggings are tight enough that they won't get caught on anything, and choose a pair of shoes with a thick sole and good tread for grip. If possible, wear a helmet to protect your head in case of falls or slips. Additionally, be aware of your posture while riding, as it can help you move with the horse and stay balanced.

It's also important to do some research and ask experienced riders for advice on how to ride safely. Your local equestrian store or club may be able to provide information about proper riding gear or advice on where to find it. With the right equipment and some practice, you'll soon be a confident rider!

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers
No matter what option you choose, there are a few things you can do to make sure you're safe and comfortable while riding. Make sure that your leggings are tight enough that they won't get caught on anything, and choose a pair of shoes with a thick sole and good tread for grip. If possible, wear a helmet to protect your head in case of falls or slips. Additionally, be aware of your posture while riding, as it can help you move with the horse and stay balanced.

It's also important to do some research and ask experienced riders for advice on how to ride safely. Your local equestrian store or club may be able to provide information about proper riding gear or advice on where to find it. With the right equipment and some practice, you'll soon be a confident rider!
Apart from this thread being a year old, the op is asking about clothes, not how to ride.

And my dear OH had his first riding lessons in his London lace up walking shoes and his ordinary grey trousers. My RI knew we were off to America on one of our long driving holidays and suggested he might like to trail ride with me that year instead of waiting in the car park.

Reactions: Huggy
I rode in jeans and Blundstone boots.
Yes but he had no jeans at that point. He had always said he would never wear jeans. But when he started to ride he bought some, as soon as we got to USA. Now he virtually liveds in them For boots, we both have Aryat multipurpose (like Tell you ride these days) as we needed boots for riding but also for walking on high mountain paths. That really needs boots lacing up the ankles.
We have proper boots with commando soles for both walking and mountains, though I doubt either of us will ever set foot on a mountain again.

I don't own any jeans apart from the riding ones, that I find myself using for inhand instead.

I don't like riding in jeans if I can help it. I do like the riding tights that are everywhere nowadays, I may not have the figure for them but they're so comfortable I don't care! In the past I've worn leggings and lightweight trousers for summer riding, but not now I can get lightweight tights - I got some nice Ariat ones with perforated panels very cheaply in a sale last year and almost lived in them at the yard, friends also got them when they saw them and I said where I'd got them on sale.

I don't like riding in jeans if I can help it. I do like the riding tights that are everywhere nowadays, I may not have the figure for them but they're so comfortable I don't care! In the past I've worn leggings and lightweight trousers for summer riding, but not now I can get lightweight tights - I got some nice Ariat ones with perforated panels very cheaply in a sale last year and almost lived in them at the yard, friends also got them when they saw them and I said where I'd got them on sale.
If they fit you, have the figure.
We are all shapes and sizes like our horses.

• Love
Reactions: carthorse
Lots of men ride in jeans. That is why there is a brand called Wrangler. They have less bulky seams inside the leg and are about 6 inches longer. Jeans ride up when you sit on a horse, so they are slightly too long to walk in and one gets that cowboy look. I have a pair of jeans made for riding bought after a recommendation on NR about 20 years ago and too small for me now, But I do ride in denim breeches in summer. I am too fat for tights.
Polo players play in white jeans.

No-one's saying men, or women, can't ride in jeans @Skib so I don't see why you're making such a big deal about it. Realistically as long as you aren't riding in a competition you can wear whatever you like and find comfortable - if leotard, tutu and tights float your boat then there's no law against riding in them, though I'd still advise a riding hat even if it doesn't go with the look šŸ¤£

No-one's saying men, or women, can't ride in jeans @Skib so I don't see why you're making such a big deal about it. Realistically as long as you aren't riding in a competition you can wear whatever you like and find comfortable - if leotard, tutu and tights float your boat then there's no law against riding in them, though I'd still advise a riding hat even if it doesn't go with the look šŸ¤£
Could it be a pink sparkly hat?

• Haha
Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com