new rider 20 years ago!!!!

just been looking through some old diaries and it was 20 years ago on the 15th march that i had my first lesson:eek:
so to celebrate and to give you all a laugh.... and me great embarrassment here are some pics of norm in the early days:D :D

first ever lesson march15th 87
earlylessons1.jpg

3rd lesson april87
earlylessons3.jpg

2nd SJ lesson june87
firstsjode1.jpg

12th ever lesson and 1st XC july 87
firstxc1.jpg

firstxc2.jpg

i like to think it did get better LOL
d34ee391.jpg

woah thats really good i wish i had pics of my first lesson! its nice for you to look back on thanks for sharing :D

I have pics of my first 12 lessons, but I must say they aren't nearly as glamorous as yours.....4 years on I still haven't done XC, never mind my bleeding 12th lesson :eek:

Great post! :D

WOW who was that handsome guy?! :eek: ;) :D
Lovely pics Norm, I can't believe the height you're jumping in your 2nd ever jump lesson, it puts my feeble efforts to shame :eek:

Some people and thier 'natural talent' :D

Lovely pics though, where did you learn to ride if you don't mind me asking?

hi. i know your somewhere in glos, so you should know where i mean when i say ullenwood stables at the top of leckampton hill just outside chelt:D

Thanks for comments folks, i was very lucky when i started to have a brill RI, she had just got her AI at wellington riding and this was her first place...
of course i did not know any better so when she said we will do this i just did it, thought it was the norm:D :D
must admit i was a bit apprehensive about the xc schooling after only 12 lessons.. but by this time i was riding pooh bear who although as mad as a hatter xc was fairly safe, might not of been very pretty but i never fell of :D :D

b****y hell Norm that was quick progress :eek: Well done you :D

I refuse to dig out my first riding photos due to a unwillingness to look a complete idiot in public :D Although my current ones aren't much better :D

Amazing progress and especially can't believe how good you look in the first picture. Definitely a natural born rider.

Thank god you don't wear johds as a matter of course Norm, I don't think the world could cope with those legs on display regularly;)

newrider.com