New Shoooes...

Taffie

May 29, 2017
The little mare we’ve been trying out has had her shoes off two weeks ago with a view to going barefoot. Today we get to try out our new scoot boots, how exciting! Hope I manage to get them on properly. We’re going to hack up the lane and round past the cheese farm, so not too far and see how she goes. It’s also only the second time we’ve out alone, so should be interesting!

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
I wanted Scoots for Ziggy but they didn't fit him well alas. I thought their on and off capability was excellent and simple. I hope you enjoy using them!

Reactions: Taffie
I have easy boots for Zi, there is quite a technique to getting them on, but once you have it, they're really user friendly. No more lost shoes either!

Wow, I’m amazed at how easy the Scoots are to put on. Just clean her foot and pop it on. Didn’t bother her at all. And a lovely clear, sunny morning for once. However, the first hack alone on the lane was interesting: we had 4 instances of snarly/barky dogs - one dog came out on the road; 2 big tractors (am I bovvered?); a white van man; 2 lots of cattle barging at the gate as we went past; shiny bits of tarmac and silage bales that want to eat a horse and a group of loud scary magpies.
We had a few jumpy spooks and very cautious moving forward, but no naps and certainly no inclination to turn round and go home. She really responds to constant voice reassurance and a firm tone when needed. Seemed fine in the scoots, no limps or trips.
I’m thinking she’s likely going to come and live with us :):):)
Trying to attach a pic...and not succeeding as I can’t make the file smaller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey and joellie
newrider.com