New to the group

Welcome :) Whiskey is gorgeous, I'm getting in the queue for him too ...

I'd like to see your saddle without you sitting in it (no offence :p ) I don't know anything about Australian saddles. What makes you prefer it to Western?

Welcome @SoLucky too :D

Reactions: idahocowboy
Welcome :) Whiskey is gorgeous, I'm getting in the queue for him too ...

I'd like to see your saddle without you sitting in it (no offence :p ) I don't know anything about Australian saddles. What makes you prefer it to Western?

Welcome @SoLucky too :D
Hi Bodshi. This is a picture of one that is almost identical to mine. The reason I prefer an Aussie saddle over a western are quite a few. You ride a bit more forward than you do in a western which puts you over the horse's shoulders making it more comfortable for the horse and his balance.. It also gives you much closer contact than a western, you can feel almost every one of his movements much better. I can feel the most subtle of his reactions such as the tiniest twitch or his beating heart at a run. It secures your seat much better than a western due to those things on the front called "poley's". But probably the best reason is it's weight, a traditional western saddle may weigh around 50 pounds, this saddle weighs about 25 pounds.DSC_0075.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com