New Will Young vid?

PinkFloyd

Aug 20, 2008
Lancashire
Has anyone seen the vidio to Will Youngs new track?

I saw it last night on TMF and PMPL
OMG lol Im not a fan of his really anyway and the vid just left me thinking.....what was that about!!!? LOL:confused:

The horse is nice but whys he jumping out of the dressage arena ??(thats sooooo not him riding)
And the poor pone must be thinking `whats he tryna do???` in the lunging bit lol
Anyways let me know what you think :D:D

Just so`s everyone knows Im not slating the horse or the rider really (whoever it was) what made me laugh was that I just couldnt understand what the vidio had to do with the song, just thought it was abit odd...but then i guess many music vids are lol

Last edited:
aw i just saw it on youtube!
Love the horse lovely movement!
yeh like thats him jumping lol! maybe but im sceptical!
lovely dressage though.
think the vid makes horsey people look nerdy though? far from haha!
if the horse is being sold though or given away i'll get another stable ;)

just thought id post the link as i had to search for it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1agz_QGfv1U

hehe

He obviously did some of the riding but if you look how the horse is going when he enters the ring (nose pokey & on the forehand) and then how rounded he is later on, I think there's 2 different riders there ;)

looks like the close ups are all in trot & the long shots are in canter - I don't think it was Will Young doing the jumping either & isn't it great when on camera you can change from a dressage saddle to a jumping saddle & back again all in the blink of an eye :D

There is loads of b***hing on the horse and hound forum about this, it is him riding, the horse was in the latest black beauty film and he had some serious tuition before hand, can't remember the blokes name. I think he done pretty well for i think 3wks worth of lessons. It is def him jumping as well, and he admittted he hadn't ridden for a very very long time, but really enjoyed it.

Go him!!! I don't agree with citizising people, it's a music video, not an educational video.

p.s im not a massive fan of Will Young's music but fair play to him i think he done well in that video.

I love it - I can't understand for the life of me why people are getting so het up about it????

Its only a pop music vido - put on one of the music channels and you'll see that they are ALL completely bonkers, ridiculous, and lighthearted.... its not meant to be an instructional educational video!!!!

Not a Will Young fan, its a nice song ... lovely horse. But Will is dressed so inappropriately for dressage and grooming his horse!!

At least we can get a horsey "fix" if we are watching MTV!

lol - how is it def him jumping?

Unless his lying to the press????

People winge that the equine world gets over looked, then when it is used in a MUSIC video, everyone criticizes!!!!!

I think it's a good video and alot different to the normal videos with posing half naked women in. I think it’s a bit different, a bit quirky and meant light heartedly.

chill out - it's just a bit of banter, don't see that anyone on here is being nasty

& also - do you believe everything you see/read in the press? lol ;)

I think it's great fun light entertainment which is what it is meant to be. The jump prob isn't that big....look at the camera angle...I can make a tiny cross pole look huge at that angle;):p

Anyway..I like the horse and its nice to see someone in the public eye grooming etc (even if its mainly pretend) as well as riding.

I was watching CBEEBIES the other day and even Mr. Tumble is getting in the action of celebs?! on horses:p:p He wasn't a 'natural' rider lets say but my 3yr old 'rider' still enjoyed it and can now sign horse riding:rolleyes:

When I watched it the other week I think it is definately him trotting and its not him cantering or jumping. Interesting video though

I don't understand why people are getting so heated because of it. I have read it was him riding and to be honest he did a good job. As someone else mentioned, it's only a music video and most people that watch are not going to be horsey.

I like when he puts the saddle on and he is not wearing any gloves, but when it shows the saddle being placed on the horses back from the other side, the person putting it on is wearing gloves and then the shot goes to him putting his gloves and hat on :rolleyes:

He did a good job of riding.

I doubt that he did that jump, only because the rider do it, they had great position, and when the clip of him after, his reins were longer and he was thrown forward, as if he had done a little fence not so well to get the clip of him riding off...

Either way, he was good.

In terms of the video, a bit cheesey at the end - rider of the year!?!?!?! And also, a little untrue that we get dressed up to that level to lunge...oooo also Dressage judge usually sit at the bottom of the centre line, not at the side (unless there is more than one, i.e. 3 dotted around arena)

I like when he puts the saddle on and he is not wearing any gloves, but when it shows the saddle being placed on the horses back from the other side, the person putting it on is wearing gloves and then the shot goes to him putting his gloves and hat on

lol!!

I like when he puts the saddle on and he is not wearing any gloves, but when it shows the saddle being placed on the horses back from the other side, the person putting it on is wearing gloves and then the shot goes to him putting his gloves and hat on :rolleyes:

Blame the continuity bod for that;)

The Triumph reminds me of one I owned around the same time the one shown in the video was new (1977ish).

I love it! Great song and gorgeous horse and so nice to see an unbeat postive video, without half dressed men and women dancing around, or people looking sad and lonely

He was terrified of horses so learnt to ride in London (?Hyde Park), he hasn't been riding long

I think its a lovely video - its not meant to be a lesson in great riding

I am glad that there is a music video that I am more than happy to let my young daughter watch

lol its really pathetic lol!

nice horse - shame about the rider :p

newrider.com