new year,new start and a new horse :-)

james29

May 24, 2012
Well I thought I might as well start a new thread because I have a new horse this year and alot has happened since last year..
Just a little about me first tho.I started riding 1 and a half years ago and I'm 29 now.
Got on pretty well with lessons then started hacking alot as well.
Moved to Essex and continued with my lessons and then found my partner and turned out she has worked and been around horses most of her life.
So started shareing a little welsh d which was to green for me so started looking for a loan horse and found one a chestnut mare called missy.
We got on great and she helped me with my confidence and had loads of lessons and all was fine.even went on a fun ride and that was ace :)
But then one lesson she did nothing apart from spook and buck.
So got saddle checked and back checked and got them sorted but she was never the same again and my confidence had been lost on her.
We had about the whole winter of her being in pain etc so my gf rode her and toke her on.she got back checked again and missy is all fine now but she still won't let me on her back and she goes mad the second my bum touches the saddle so I had to look for a new horse.

so started looking around and i for some reason was scared to ride alot of horses now but tryed a couple and didnt like them well just didnt click.
but then we got offered a nice little 15hand dutch warmblood and i said no at first as thought she was to small for me but after a couple of weeks looking around and found nothing i thought lets go and look at her.
well my partner rode her that day and was to nervus but my partner said she is a good little horse just needs a firm hand on a couple of things.
so we picked her up the next day for full loan.:happy:
three weeks went by and most peaple at the yard had rode her apart from me lol only because the way things happened at weekends being busy etc etc.
we then moved to a bigger nicer yard and that was it i was back riding again which was only two weeks ago.
went for a hack on her first and she looked after me as i was so nervus from not being on a horse since last november but she just plodded away.
the following weekend i got a lesson in the school and that was it i loved my new horse lol
then my gf told me that we are going to a dressage compition (this was last week) she only booked me in for intro a and into b lol
so on the saturday had a lesson then got her ready for the sunday.
i was soooooooo nervus that day but we came back with first place in intro a and second place in intro b wahoooooo +:happy:
so not doing bad as that was my first show and we didnt know what abbie wud be like so it was all nervus.
im very pleased with my self and my abbie

ill put some pics up of abbie and my old mare missy who is now my girlfreinds

this is the only pic i have of my old mare missy at the moment,i still love that horse just a shame i cant ride her anymore
IMG_0217.jpg

heres some pics of my new abbie
IMG_0218.jpg

heres us at the dressage show
IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

abbie with her rosettes on although can only see thew second place on the 1st place is on the other side lol
IMG_0608.jpg

heres some of my partner and missy.
they got a third in intro b and a fourth in prelim7 again not bad as it was there first time out.

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

and one more of my abbie lol

DSC_0140.jpg

haha she so doesnt look impressed lol
will post more pics etc as time goes on.
got a dressage show in june so starting to learn the tests now but this weekend is going to be a weekend for hacking i think and maybe ill brave my first canter on a hack with her

Last edited:
She got a bad back because of her saddle .
We replaced the saddle and got some one out for her back.
Then gave her a thew weeks off the I tryed sitting on her and she went mental.bucking rearing spinning the lot.it scared me a hell of alot.
I tried a thew times again but she just done the same again and again.
So my partner sat on her and she was ok still abit sore but ok.
We got saddle checked and adjusted again and some else out to her back and shoulders etc and now she is all fine for my partner but hates me.
I know I cud work her past it but don't want to upsetting her so hence why I got abbie and it recked my confidance with missy.
But now I got abbie I'm getting again and missy is doing just fine with my partner.

Just goes to show horses for courses - or people!!!

All worked out well, you and GF have horses that suit - and they both look lovely.

Thanks for the replys and nice comments about the horses.
It has worked out well missy and my gf are happy and I'm happy with my little ab fabs lol and the horses seem to be happy with us lol
I'll see if I can get some pics of rideing the ab fabs at the weekend

Thanks for the replys peaple an yeah was such a good day.
I was well pleased with our results as wasnt planning on getting placed at all lol
Got a lesson tomorrow so will see if I can get my partner to take some pics or a video

newrider.com