New Years Resolutions??

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Anyone got any? Horsey and non horsey? Things you would like to improve on? Or even the thought being there??:p

Non Horsey;
Well where do I start?!?:oops:
  • I would like to improve on my time management. I am nearly always late for work ( Mainly because I have to see sox before work) Though I am still late for meeting friends etc. So that's a huge one really.
  • I would like to try to stop biting my nails. Such a bad habit!!
  • Like to see friends more and make time for myself.
  • Then just things like; keeping the car cleaner and the house! LOL.
Horsey;
  • This one is quite simple. I would like to get soxs feet healthy and stronger. So taking him on some walks if he is ok with it and start of basically were I was before he came down with lami. I would love him to come back sound and just even being able with have a plod on him would be amazing.

Horsey: make the time to take Storm for in hand walks. It's the only route back to getting her leg built up and also it will get her used to the idea of doing something again and not just being a giant expensive pet!

Non horsey: start a definite saving plan towards funding our arena. I need one in my life again (not strictly non horsey really lol) I guess most of my goals are equine related!

Horsey: just enjoy every minute with Ale and every ride I get on my share horse :)
-to go on a beach ride

Non horsey: say no to certain people more! just the ones who take me for granted, forget I'm on a bike, and don't say thanks.

To listen to my heart.

Ive got two:

• To save money. I'm not exactly known for my super-sensible attitude to saving money, so I'm working hard this year for fiscal responsibility.
  • Give up smoking
Ask me in 12 months time, how both of these have gone ...!

I'd like to find the time to post more consistently on here too, I always feel a bit like I drop in and then don't post for ages. I'd like you stay more up to date with everyone :)

Ive got two:

• To save money. I'm not exactly known for my super-sensible attitude to saving money, so I'm working hard this year for fiscal responsibility.
  • Give up smoking

I'd like to find the time to post more consistently on here too, I always feel a bit like I drop in and then don't post for ages. I'd like you stay more up to date with everyone :)

Yaye! Please post more, it has been nice "seeing" you on here lately:D

Anyone got any? Horsey and non horsey? Things you would like to improve on? Or even the thought being there??:p

Non Horsey;
Well where do I start?!?:oops:
  • I would like to improve on my time management. I am nearly always late for work ( Mainly because I have to see sox before work) Though I am still late for meeting friends etc. So that's a huge one really.
  • I would like to try to stop biting my nails. Such a bad habit!!
  • Like to see friends more and make time for myself.
  • Then just things like; keeping the car cleaner and the house! LOL.
Horsey;
  • This one is quite simple. I would like to get soxs feet healthy and stronger. So taking him on some walks if he is ok with it and start of basically were I was before he came down with lami. I would love him to come back sound and just even being able with have a plod on him would be amazing.

Aw I hope he comes sound enough for a plod. I soooooo know how you feel being in a similar situation with mine. I am longing for a plod on her, I miss her so much in that respect.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Nope, don't do resolutions :D I figure if I don't make any there's nothing to beat myself up over if I break them!

Very true!!:D
I'm stopping drinking. I've been thinking about it for a while and have decided to go for it.
That sounds really positive!

Haven't really got any! Except to embrace life, don't worry about things too much and make the most of being young while I can.
Love that :)

Ive got two:

• Give up smoking

I know! Ask me again in 12 months and none of mine wont have changed!! Hopefully they will though :)

I am going to try to be braver this year..... take time to have lessons again to improve my riding..... quit showing..... and take up Dressage and more off road riding in scenic places.

Laugh more with my partners illness this year we have had a very serious year. Exercise more and eat and drink less.
Oh put the big pants off and just go for it!!

These are all fab so far!!!:D

Horsey

To have a happy and contented Kia pony
To enjoy each and every minute of his company

Non horsey

To become a fully qualified British Umpire and European linejudge
To continue to earn my sponsorship
To lose this stubborn stone and tone up for my trip to Cyprus in October
To enjoy life as much as possible

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Horsey
As the weather cooperates I want to try to get out for a walk every day. It will do us both good.
I need to get the tack area in my basement finished.
Once the weather breaks and all the nasty hunting is done I really want to explore the forest /park trails.
I want to get my new round pens set up with the short pvc pieces of poles to add my banner flags on top.
Find some riding buddies!
Get my outdoor shed/ tack and grooming area set up.

Have my husband get the horses stalls set up.

FIND SOME FUN SHOWS OR VERSATILITY.

Non horsey
Grow some unusual pumpkins this year and lots of SUNFLOWERS!!
Grow a garden.
Get 2 more baby goats.
Continue to eat well.
I see a lot of people walk this road so I want to get out and do more walking as well.
Sort thru things I just don't need!-
Experiment more cooking and trying new things!

Reactions: Trewsers
Horsey:
Me and Angel are doing the Wobbleberry Challenge. That'll do!

Non-horsey:
Finish my novel
Sort out the garden (which is a right mess - I only bothered with the veg patch in 2016)

newrider.com