newly bought yard

Gosh, that would depend on who had bought it and how confident I felt in their ability to fix it up. If it was mine - yes of course!

Depends if your livery cost goes up as a result of improvement. Assuming it does can you afford to stay?
What do you mean by tidy up, replace fencing, build stables, improve school, sort water? Or just typical farm yard mess.

Only with clear conditions in a contract stipulating timescales for said improvements as i've experience of a school that just remained chaotic, unclean and with zero financial scope to improve.

It would entirely depend who had bought it and if it was cosmetic mess or junk/mess? Cosmetic wouldn't bother me as long as stables/fencing was safe but if there was lots of unsafe junk laid about then that would be a put off. So to me old/shabby but tidy wouldn't be a problem but anything else then I'd be cautious. Cosmetic is a human thing and personally I don't think my lot care for the flowers Ive put outside their stable :)

Do you mean it's a place opening as a livery yard and you're thinking about moving there? Personally I wouldn't move to a yard until it was already in full operation - smart or shabby not relevant, because for me it's not about how the place looks so much as about how it's run. A yard run to high standards with knowledgeable management and staff would attract me even if it was a little "rough around the edges" - a pristine but badly-run yard would put me off.

newrider.com