Newrider vibes needed - UPDATED :)

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
my worst nightmare occurred yesterday....Moet went lame on the same leg that she injured 8 years ago.....

She has been sound 6 wonderful years, we have been having such such fun over the last 3-4 years....and its all come to a grinding halt.

We were just cantering across a field - not doing anything silly at all, she stumbled mid canter on uneven ground and then trotted lame straight after. I got off straight away and took her support boots off for a feel and the old injury site felt puffy....walked her back to the trailer and cold hosed at the stable block before transporting home.

She has been in on box rest with Danillon since. Puffiness has basically gone back to normal (always been slightly thickened ever since the first injury - so it feels about the same as that) but she is still just as lame :( Going to ring the vets this morning to pre-book for x-rays/scans for next week as also concerned it is not related to the first injury - one on hand that would be good as her insurance only excludes the tendon in the fetlock - its quite a specific exclusion.

I joined this forum when Moet was lame with the first injury, it was a great source of information and support....the vibes worked last time - please work your magic again!! Some of you already know about this from Facebook but need as many vibes as we can get!

Oh no, worst nightmare. All the vibes we can muster coming your way. This morning I was cursing my luck for having more saddle problems, but this puts it into perspective. Good luck with the vet.

Oh no, I am sending all my good wishes and positive thoughts. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious an he will be back to normal soon. Keep us updated. x

Oh dear poor Moët and poor you. Felt that chill as Eoewyn did the exact same thing, stumbled then immediately lame :( with her it was a previous injury the previous owner hadn't disclosed to her SDFT.

Everything crossed for you both

You have all my vibes and my thoughts are with you.

After Ale doing his check ligament 2 Christmases ago this is my worse nightmare, every time he trips my heart is in my mouth.

Fingers crossed its not too serious for you!

Thanks every one for your vibes - I feel they are helping! This afternoon she appeared barely lame at all!!!!!!!!!! I trotted her up and there was barely a head nod at all. She is def a bit sore but nowhere near as lame as she was on wed!!!!! I have decided not to book scans yet, going to watch her progress over the weekend and then reassess. Keep sending your magic healing vibes!!

newrider.com