Nice weekend... too hot to ride my beastie.. oh well, can't have it all LOL!

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Its been 27c two days on the trot, big'un came in sweating yesterday, so called of menage work, as didn't feel it was fair.. drank beer and had barbecue instead:p
Any one else cancel their hack? Mine is a dark coloured horse, so would have probably ended up with heat stroke... I also felt it was too warm for myself.. I muck out in the evening, so as not to get burnt or over heat;)

I still had my lesson, we just altered it from jumping to polework. My chap gained a little weight since going into new field so bit of sweat just shows he's worked.

Schooled Victory, hacked Harvey out and led Amee round the school with Claire's kids on board... almost died of heatstroke!! Stood in middle of sandschool was like being in the sahara!

AH well:rolleyes: I must becoming a bit of a wimp as I get older... but it has been the first really hot day in nearly a year:eek: Not acclimatised too the foreign weather yet LOL!! :D

i rode but very very early in the morning. At lunch time though 3 of the girls on the yard were starting off on a hack and had chosen a route that takes 2.5hrs!!! how utterly mean on the horses!!

newrider.com