Nights under canvas

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I decided to camp at the field last night, I've been itching to break out my tent for months but I've been so busy working on the field I didn't feel I could relax and enjoy it, but now its slowed down it felt like I could, plus I was hoping Cornflower would give birth as he owner said 24 hours when he looked at her Thursday night.

Jess's tent training 2 years ago has stuck, I released my pop up tent not 3ft from her nose and she just stood watching, not so much as a twitch :D
DSC_2650.JPG

It was a perfect night, beautiful weather to sit reading and watching the, now flying, barn owl babies fluttering between trees and swooping around the pond and the parents bringing them food :D then in the early hours it rained, I love the sound of rain on the tent :D and this morning its cool and dry and I'm sat drinking coffee listening to the horses nibbling grass and the birds chirping away.

It's not a bad life :D

Amazing! I'd love to camp with Pete. What did the horses make of it?

I've gotten into 'camping' as my OH has a motorhome - we've done a few nights on the South Downs, the North Downs & are off to the New Forest next month and then a week in the Peak District in September. He goes off exploring Europe every summer for 2 mobths- France this time & I was super lucky to spend a week in Saint Tropez.

Apparently it doesn't count as 'proper' camping though as we have all the modern day luxuries ...!

Reactions: Jessey
This camping thread has given me such pleasure. I have long wanted to sleep outside again - my father had us sleep in the back garden. OH thinks it crazy. But I am so glad it was lovely for you.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com