No longer a project

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
After a couple of recent rides with my RI and on my own with the Ziglet, I have to announce that he is not a project any more. He is the fun, safe little hack I wanted.

He goes at the speed I want, where I want. He is the most dextrous and surefooted weaver through the woods and brambles and over the ups and downs - the original All Terrain Pony.

Today we had a long fast canter and then ambled along on the buckle. I can ride him past anything and through anything while taking off my jacket, if I choose.

He is innocent of outline and bend, and he still goes into conniptions at the sight of a coloured pole, but that's another story. Fortunately we don't encounter many coloured poles while we are out and about! As far as hacking goes he is the Finished Product. And I luff him :inlove:

He will probably buck me off next time we go out, or spook at a dustbin, but that's hubris for you!

That is a really lovely, happy post. You have been such a perfect owner for him in every way and you eventually get (produce) the horse your deserve.
As for eternally perfect - not sure about that either with horses or people. We need to revise our school work every now and then?

He is a credit to you Jane, you've worked so hard with him, it's great to hear that you feel it's paid off and you've reached that ultimate goal.

Love the Zigster!

Who do I say the well done to Ziggy for finally trusting you or you for teaching Ziggy you can be trusted either way what a wonderful post and such a great thing to share on NR for those people that need that confirmation that it can be done.

That's lovely to read. :)

You will have a fab summer-which we want to know all about-with photos. ;)

I think you make the perfect pairing Jane. Ziggy landed on his hooves when he came to you and this end result is his way of thanking you. Well done for all your hard work.

Nawww.... that is SUCH a lovely post to read. Karma.... you sorted him out and cared for him during his colic surgery.... now he's looking after YOU! :happy:

I've bin thinkin' 'bout this, Jane..... if Ziggy is no longer your "project", p'raps you "neeeeeed" to buy one of those youngsters from DD that you keep posting links to.....
whistle.gif

newrider.com