Noooooo!! Dropped my phone in the loo!

Don't do what I did and try and return it as faulty :redface: they sent me back photos indicating where all the water damage was, oops. I dropped it in a water bucket. Someone I know dropped his iPhone in the loo and after leaving it in rice for 48 hours it worked fine

No advice for drying but the rice should work. This is the reason I have the Samsung galaxy something or other - it's water proof! Never dropped one down the loo though :giggle:

No advice for drying but the rice should work. This is the reason I have the Samsung galaxy something or other - it's water proof! Never dropped one down the loo though :giggle:

Can assure you that whatever they claim, in the case of the samsung galaxy SII it is not waterproof... :giggle: I left mine for a week in pieces and it just about recovered in a bag of rice and also, as i had just had a parcel arrive some of the desiccated silica.. Avoid the temptation to turn it on to check as apparently that can be your downfall..

Have you another phone you can pop your sim in as my sim was fine after i had wiped it dry?

:giggle:

I have a younger sister whose phones always end up in the toilet, I can never work out how she does it!

Love your plantpot reference though :giggle:

Brother in law uses iphone for not toilet training with my nephews. You know what was bound to happen......three times.
The first time it survived, in a bucket of rice.

Hope its ok.

Same phone as mine! :nerd:

I've dropped SO many of my phones in the toilet and always left it in a bag of rice and it actually comes back to life, not always 100% but still usable. Good luck. :wink:

I would just rinse it off then take the battery and the chip out. Dry them and let the phone dry some where warm but not hot.

My phone has got soaked loads of times whilst in my coat pocket out riding and it hasn't suffered any ill effects.

I did once slosh tea all over it. After a few days it went sticky inside and didn't work properly, so I took it to bits and washed it:eek: It worked again. Sometimes if I don't clean it out it gets clogged up with bits of hay etc and stops working. Again, I just give it a clean out and Bingo!

Just spoke to my son. If its a modern smart phone it would seem the rice is the best option. (Good job I haven't got one of them I would go through them like no ones business lol). I hope you get it sorted:smile:

Last edited:
Oh no :(

My mum put her sumsung phone (not an S3 think it is a tocco or something) into the washing machine by accident and it still works for everything except phone calls:giggle: I think the only think it affected was the microphone - she put it in rice.

I had an old Sony Ericsson and the same thing happened to me! I took the battery out and put the rest of the phone on the radiator and it still works fine!

It won't switch on :(

I've just made a claim for have it repaired (£50 excess :( ) but just reading the policy it does say it covers accidental water damage but under exclusions it says...

11. Loss, theft, damage, or breakdown arising out of any wilful act or negligence of the user.

Because I forgot about it being in my pocket would they say that I was being negligent?

Clause 11. Watch that one! my son tried to claim for his once and got caught out. Because he had tried to take it to bits to see what was wrong with it and fix it the phone company said he had been negligient:frown:

I would have pursued that but he didn't, so he just bought a new phonea:)

I have an old phone you could have CF... it is the one that fell down the toilet though but as far as I know it still works but you would need a SIM card as I dont have one!

My daughter dropped hers in the sink, luckily the weather was sh:poop:
so she rang insurance up for a replacement and told them it had dropped out of her pocket into a puddle - it worked and they replaced it! tell them it dropped into a water bucket down at the yard!

newrider.com