NOt a spring chicken but not ready for the zimmer yet...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Feel a bit naughty actually posting this - cos I know so many of you guys aren't well - and you're probably feeling a lot worse than me! But, today I feel really old and rickety. I am aching all over through lifting hay and straw the other day (for some reason the pain is only just kicking in on myupper body, my chest and back are killing me when I breath out) and my legs are feeling the cold :sluggish:(they ache and my cartilidge is popping out when I go down hills again). Sorry, just wanted to whinge. I feel about 90 bodily but mentally of course I feel like I'm still 22 (hence thinking I can clamber about hurling straw and hay like an all-in wrestler). This lifting and lugging has to stop, and I am going to have to ask the feed merchants to deliver when OH is home (not easy). Seems everything I do this week involves lugging! Got to go routing in the archives now for some old paperwork in the office, box after ruddy dusty box of the sh*te!!
Velvet Porter steak and vegetables and a glasss of chablis to anybody who got to the end of that.........:smile:

It was the heavy lifting and dragging that really got me in the past year. I always got someone else to load sacks into the car, or get the feed merchant to deliver if I needed a few sacks/bales of hay. My doctor says that all the hard physical work I did throughout my childhood/teenage years has definitely contributed to the problems I am having now.

Ali xx

Thanks for the steak!

Hope you start to feel better soon Trewsers!

I think winter always brings out the worst in all of us, at all ages!!

Roll on summer!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the steak and chablis (rather a good year I thought?)thank you Trewsers - I know exactly what you mean - the head says your still young and energetic - the body tells another story altogether!:giggle:

Roll on the spring and warmer more comforting weather - if we get any next summer!!:unsure:

Thanks guys! Endurance ali, hope you are a little better, I remember your thread the other week. There isn't anything wrong I guess that I couldn't "cure" by not being so daft about lifting and such - I just felt bad watching the feed merchants to the lugging on their own (just one person) and there was so much of the darned stuff....Anyway, it is hopefully the last lugging session for a while, we are quite stocked up now thankfully.
I keep telling Joe I hope he appreciates all this - today he was looking a bit hang-dog faced as I think his mouth may still be a bit sore. I keep reminding them both of how much pain I am in - hehehehe, falls on deaf ears, they just give me the "look"......

Please may I have salmon instead of steak with my chablis?

I have had a few days off horses, ie four days working 10 hour days in London. My OH has been looking after our 2 and also our field mate's 2 mares as she is on honeymoon. He told me this morning he hadn't poo picked... so today I have done 3 hours poo picking.

I ache ALL OVER! I think I'm a very young 50 but sometimes I just have to admit that I am not as strong as I was.

D*mn. Could I swap that chablis for the elixir of youth please?

lol, this at least put a smile on my face today. Today, if you didn't know
is my 54th Birthday...............I have felt awful with a bug all week, I dragged
my F** Lazy A** out again to do the Horses, went and got a couple of
bales of hay, which I lifted INTO my Car, then OUT again, OVER a 5 bar
Gate and over the Yard INTO the Shed:smile:

I also got 2 bags of feed which again I lifted INTO the Car OUT again, OVER
the 5 bar gate ( I never think of just unlocking the gate:giggle: ) and over to
the Shed, then tipped them up into the bins.

I then came Home and carried a bag of shopping, Largish bag of LOGS and a bag of KINDLING from the Car, also a bag of COAL, up the Road, Round the Corner and across another Road to Home.................was 'struggling' a bit I cannot LIE, but was determined to not have to do TWO journeys, lol. (football tonight and no PARKING !!)

NOW, although I HATE doing this, lol, I thank my lucky stars that I CAN and
I am ABLE to do it...........3 1/2 years ago when I hurt my Neck I was
incapabe of lifting my HEAD let alone anything else.

Along the line seeing my Consultant for one of the follow up appointments he said too me 'I don't know WHAT you are doing, but carry on doing it, with the injury you have I would expect to see muscle wastage etc., in your Right Arm and you have NONE'

SO.......much as I whinge about it, thank GOODNESS I HAVE to and am still
ABLE to lug this stuff about:wink::smile: Once its all done, as today, and
I know I have Hay/Feed in for the Horses, Fire is GLOWING........I gain a
sense of achievement, happy in the knowledge that all is well in my little
world and I sorted it all on my own:smile:

Now should some Strapping Man looking like George Clooney had offered
a hand I could have well played the 'useless female' :smile:

BUT HE DIDN'T:bounce: I tend to get more the Alf Garnett/Steptoe lookalikes now:bounce: and would rather 'do it' myself lol and struggle
a bit:bounce: SOOOOOOOOOO, if there is any elixir of Youth left over, send it my way !!!! xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Now should some Strapping Man looking like George Clooney had offered
a hand I could have well played the 'useless female' :smile:

BUT HE DIDN'T:bounce: I tend to get more the Alf Garnett/Steptoe lookalikes now:bounce: and would rather 'do it' myself lol and struggle
a bit:bounce: SOOOOOOOOOO, if there is any elixir of Youth left over, send it my way !!!! xxxxxxx

Lol:giggle::giggle:

newrider.com