Not impressed!! Rant about vets + positive progress!!

Sexy Sietske

Aug 18, 2006
Derbyshire/nottinghamshire
As much as I love my vets, they are very good horse people and are very understanding of youngsters which is handy when you have 3 at 3 year old, but today I had them out to nelsons sarcoid and they charge call out of £25 to take 3/4 pictures :mad: Why couldnt they just ask me to take some pictures and send then through the post!!! Grrr!!!

So now we are waiting for the results, she said it looks pretty nasty because of the awkward place its in :rolleyes: Mean while after the vet had gone...Nelson was being all placid and a good boy (has a thing for the vet :rolleyes:) so I took full advantage and mum gave me a leg up to lean across his back for the first time!!!!! He was an absolute angel and turned around to see what I was doing up there and continued to eat hay :D:D so im well chuffed about that!!

Last edited:
I know vets are the worst.When they coudnt find the abces in dougs foot they came 3/4times iand didnt find anyhting and its cost us over £40 each time!!!

And thats really good progress!:)

I know.Generally my vets are real troopers, however i was a bit miffed at what it cost to have my first horse put down. Especially as it was the day before my first GCSE exam! I mean, i know call out is expensive, but apartfrom that there's only the price of a bullet (this sounds very morbid doesn;t it? But i'm only trying to state a fact :)). It's bad enough having the emotional stress of the occassion without them then turning round and charging you scarily high prices. Anyway, that is only my opinion :D

I know.Generally my vets are real troopers, however i was a bit miffed at what it cost to have my first horse put down. Especially as it was the day before my first GCSE exam! I mean, i know call out is expensive, but apartfrom that there's only the price of a bullet (this sounds very morbid doesn;t it? But i'm only trying to state a fact :)). It's bad enough having the emotional stress of the occassion without them then turning round and charging you scarily high prices. Anyway, that is only my opinion :D

Don't know how to answer this one now.

...but today I had them out to nelsons sarcoid and they charge call out of £25 to take 3/4 pictures :mad: Why couldnt they just ask me to take some pictures and send then through the post!!! Grrr!!!

That's exactly what my lovely vet did, she got me to take the pics and put them on disk for her to send away. I would question why you weren't asked to do the same :confused:

newrider.com