not knowing where you stand

almonds

Jul 21, 2009
i prob will never forget this,it is sad but just wanted to share it.have you ever been around a horse that makes you feel awfull? or almost puts you in a very uncomfortable place.i have and it was the most uneasy ive felt around a horse.its like he had no care for the world,vacant expression,unseeing eyes with hate in them,this was from the start!i understand now and totally sympathise with what he went throu,but i was lucky enough only just, he hadnt got me,as he nearly did on a few occasions. my sister decided she wanted to look at this ex-race horse locally for sale,so we went and took a look and decided for a vetting,i wasnt sure at first view but if he got the vets ok, would go with what my sis wanted.sure enough he arrived with alot of mud fever,so sorted that out.we started to have a lunge with him and see whats what,from the 2nd week i knew this was going no-where and my sis left me to deal with it after he buggered of on the lunge and done her finger in! she never touched him after that which i was really annoyed at.so i had a go and one or several times i was bringing him in from the feild,and suddenly i felt a rather heavey bang on my back,flippen heck after nearly being knocked of my feet with wind i managed to sort myself out and a immd looked at this horse right in the eye "are you serious"yes he was,his done this before.he wasnt on our side and never was,thou we scrapped through for 10months.i said to my sis sorry your horse needs a vet looking at him again,no-one was convinced that it was a health issue and just assumed i didnt know what i was doing and the horse was just being rude.well no-way was i haveing it no horse on the planet would act in that manor,sure enough i saved everyones silly head,he had a "cycst"in the joint and was lame enough to be unable to be ridden.his pain was clear in this instance but he had crossed that awful path where there is no more,he was so so quiet because he didnt give a care about anyone or anything.u had to keep your wits about you,lead by the shoulder and tie in the stable that sort of thing.he was turned out full time as soon as the weather improved and sadly but wisely put down in the spring.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
caroline/halle Knowing when to move on from current horse Cafe 44
KP nut Knowing When Your Pony is Ready to be Backed.... Training of the Horse and Rider 11
Dannii5691 Knowing history Cafe 22
Dark Storm Knowing I should be in touch, but finding a wall instead Cafe 7
minkersmum following on from the 'knowing when its time' Cats, Dogs and other Animals 9
Z Help with Solo and knowing when Hacking 11
LokiSofi is there any way of knowing if a mare has bred? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 8
S Knowing when to use what?!? Training of the Horse and Rider 5
charlotte+jill! Letter of the week (knowing the right time to say goodbye...) General 26
fairlady KNOWING YOUR HORSE - opinions please General 31
P Knowing Diagonals Without Looking Training of the Horse and Rider 3
kirstie Knowing there in an outline? Training of the Horse and Rider 8
K I think I may do natural horsemanship without knowing it Training of the Horse and Rider 9
M Not knowing enough?! General 40
G Buying a horse (where or how) First Timers 15
Trewsers Didn't know where else to post this - can anyone id this please? Worried / curious / weirded out lol Cafe 15
Doodle92 Can you see where the pheasants erupted?? Cafe 9
Trewsers Fires near to stables (wasn't sure where to post this) Cafe 12
whenyoufeellikeyourflying HELP!!! Where to find a pony for camp next year Cafe 6
N I wonder where the term 'marish' comes from Cafe 3
Native Lover Guess where we are going to play Cafe 14
Frances144 Private Messaging - where is it? Forum Technical Help & Site News 1
Star the Fell So, could I afford a house where you live? Cafe 34
LittleGlengyreServices Equine Muscles, where are they, what are they and how are they used and maintained Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 3
Star the Fell Where are your hands? Cafe 14
Laura82 Considering getting help but where to start??? Cafe 10
N Where does the term ' field ornament' come from? Cafe 18
Lolatheshowgirl Coloured class where to start? Cafe 4
Prjsmk Snow updates where u are... Cafe 166
Ale Where do you all buy your haynets? Horse Care 14
N Where do you get your blades sharpened? Horse Care 3
U Breaking in a horse where do you stand? Cafe 11
N Where do you go to buy your online horsey items? Cafe 24
misty Where didn't you find yours? Cafe 23
N If you could book a ride anywhere, where would you go? Cafe 26
Kite_Rider Wondering where people go. Cafe 34