Not sure I get this...

Well I've been watching some parelli today and this is not what was going on in what I was watching.they are not useing phases and are not using pressure and release its just a constant bang bang bang at the poor horse.I watched pat with a new horse earlier and when he was doing this yo yo game he started very slowly wiggling the rope it wasn't even reaching the halter and went up in phases but as soon as the horse took half a step back he stopped dead then started again going through the phases stopping as soon as the horse took half a step in the right direction,the horse understood withing 10 mins and pat was only using the slightest wiggle,this vidoe seems to contradict all of that and the poor horse only has one eye and clearly does not understand what the man on the end of the rope is asking.very confusing for the horse.

Well I've been watching some parelli today and this is not what was going on in what I was watching.they are not useing phases and are not using pressure and release its just a constant bang bang bang at the poor horse.I watched pat with a new horse earlier and when he was doing this yo yo game he started very slowly wiggling the rope it wasn't even reaching the halter and went up in phases but as soon as the horse took half a step back he stopped dead then started again going through the phases stopping as soon as the horse took half a step in the right direction,the horse understood withing 10 mins and pat was only using the slightest wiggle,this vidoe seems to contradict all of that and the poor horse only has one eye and clearly does not understand what the man on the end of the rope is asking.very confusing for the horse.

what concerns me is this a training video :frown:

I don't understand how and why they differ so much from video to video,I didn't realise this was a training video.I like some of the methods and they have helped me and malaika no end in our relationship but I havnt follwed the programme to the letter rather used bits I feel will help,but I don't agree or see the good in this video for the horses well being it doesn't make sense to me at all either.

I don't understand how and why they differ so much from video to video,I didn't realise this was a training video.I like some of the methods and they have helped me and malaika no end in our relationship but I havnt follwed the programme to the letter rather used bits I feel will help,but I don't agree or see the good in this video for the horses well being it doesn't make sense to me at all either.

its Linda Parelli herself, unless I am mistake... please someone correct me !

I am not against Parelli, Im open minded and prefer to use bits which make sense to me... but this I just find pretty eye opening.

It's her and a student.
I'm like you find different bits from different methods and use all I find useful but this I don't get at all.

I have seen this before and did not like it then. The fact that the lead rope has a sodding great clip on the end that keeps snacking the poor horse in the face is outrageous.

I always thought that NH was suppose to be about communicating and understand the horse not getting in its face when it has done nothing wrong with such aggression. I actually can't watch the whole thing it angers me.

There are lots of ways to teach a horse to move back out of your space with out all the arms,lead rope waving sh&t they are doing. and ways to build up to a gentle shake of the rope to ask to stand back.

^^^this^^^ I had a lovely girl come and show me with malaika and all I have to do with her is wiggle my finger,she will go all the way back on a 22ft line with nothing more than a finger wiggle and it didn't take this to get that and I agree with the great big clips,I replaced all mine with the smallest lightest scissor snap,you didn't know its there.

Not looked, but from what's been said I guess it's the prr one eyed mare getting a thrashing???

Yes it is wally and the mare isnt doing anything wrong

Seen it once and makes my blood boil.

It's funny, never heard of Parellie until about 10 years ago.......never needed to use any of his violent techniques.....not to say I have never given a horse a wallop who has needed it......but if I needed to keep thrashing a horse for that long I'd be doing something very wrong indeed.

I've only got a couple of dvds I picked up as I was intersted and I havnt seen anything like this on it but they are old dvds long before the name became bigger than the methods.the girl who came and gave me a 3 hour lesson didn't use or show anything like that video so its confused me no end.she was very natural and malaika liked her which is big for her with a stranger.
Very honest little mare who is doing nothing wrong.
I think it such a shame people often forget that these beautiful animals do us a great honour allowing us in their lives when they could quite easily kill us.

I think it such a shame people often forget that these beautiful animals do us a great honour allowing us in their lives when they could quite easily kill

...and they so often are so willing to do what we ask so long as they understand the request.

Yes they are wally,very honest and forgiving animals and considering they are a prey animal which I feel is also often forgotten they really are very accepting of us humans and will try their heart out for you.

newrider.com