Not the Friday night I expected

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Had friends over for dinner last night, F is heavily pregnant and only blooming goes into labour!
Contractions were slow and steady so they weren't worried, but all of a sudden at 10pm they accelerated so they opted to go and get checked (expecting to be sent home as she'd only had a routine check up that afternoon and they didn't expect baby yet) so they left their 3yo and dog with me.
3yo finally went to sleep about midnight, baby was born at 1.20am, dad realised that they hadn't left me the cat seat so showed up at 3am, 3yo woke at 4am confused and scared not sure where she was and took a while to go back down and was up again at 7!
Running round after an over tired 3 year old all day has wiped me out (how you mums manage I've no clue :))
Baby is very cute and I've now dropped 3yo with nanny and grandad and I'm just left with the dog until after F gets out of hospital tomorrow. Phew, I need a nap!

Warning don't mess around electric fence when you're tired.... With my right hand I'm trying to get the little net off the back of the trough to fish leaves out, leaning with my left hand on the rim of the trough. Connect fence to right hand via the net, through me and out of my left hand and the jolt makes me put my knee against the trough where I get a 2nd belt from it. I felt that sucker exit my foot too. Fence is definitely working :p

Then realised another reason I'm so tired, I'd been up since midnight Thursday with only 4 hours sleep that night too.

That really is a Friday night to remember! If I were you I'd be very careful who I invited round to dinner next time lol

Reactions: lauren123
What a night, well done for coping with sudden dog and baby sitting duties! Luckily the baby wasn't born at yours! I was born at home by accident in the space of about 10 minutes with my 2 year old brother roaming the hallway screaming because he was being ignored. It was January 1990 when the ambulance strikes were taking place so the army came out instead!

Drama indeed!! Glad mum and baby are doing well. Hope you've recovered from looking after the little one. I like babies but not so keen once they get mobile!!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com