Now I feel bad

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I took the kids to meet a friend for her first hack on her new share :) they walked down there like dobbins, plodding along making us late :rolleyes:

We picked D up and headed off, next thing its like someone supercharged Jess, she's jigging, jogging, tossing her head, fighting me, and she spent the whole 2 hour ride like that, I have to admit I was getting really irritated with her, she's normally so easy to dial back down even when she's excitable.

When we got home I realised why she was so stressy, she's been eaten alive, her back legs, belly, shoulders and chest are smothered in bug bites :eek::( she's easily got more than a hundred lumps :( I'm guessing it was walking in long damp grass, kicking all the mozzies up and they just love to bite her, poor girl. And I only gave her a fresh dose of deosect last night.

I've put her fly rug on and left her in the barn eating hay, hopefully they settle down by tonight or I think I'll have to give her a dose of antihistamines, though I'm not sure on the doseage so it might be a vet phone call.

When OH rode last night they seemed worse in several places. One was near a field ditch, they'd obviously gathered / hatched out there. Pesky things!

newrider.com