Now Officially a Sensation saddle owner!

fjordlady

Sep 29, 2007
Wonderful Wales
Had the Sensation Hybrid on Trial last week and have sent off the cheque today:).

Really pleased with the comfort, stability, fit and the way Fresca moves in it. Also tried on Tilly who moved well but needs a bit more shimming due to muscle wastage.

Would like to say a big thank you to Jill of Scallwags Equine and Tasha (No Angel) for being so informative and helpful. Its such a relief to know it can adapt as she matures:).

Here is a picture of Fresca modelling her new saddle.
DSC00113.jpg

Matching leathers and girth are on their way

I know nothing about treeless saddles but i just needed to comment on Fresca...she is just gorgeous, an absolute stunner.

Definately more piccies of her needed!:)

Gx

that looks soooooo comfy!! can you use normal stirrups on it??

Yes its called free swing option. The saddle I have has a closed ring stirrup attachment but I have ordered and e buckle too:). The manufacturers recommend their hard use set up which looks like this (please scroll to bottom of the page) http://www.ridetreeless.com/features.html. This helps to spread the weight:).

I only tried the hard use once and found it quite restrictive on our steep banks. Hence I am using free swing and have ordered the recommended extra protective Skito pad which the manufacturers suggest going on my personal details. However I still plan to try again with hard use as I am unsure I got the setup quite right:rolleyes:.

There is also an endurance set up too.

This is me on board using free swing excuse the slightly small girth and non matching leathers it was just for the demo. I really like the position the saddle puts me in too:D.
DSC00109.jpg

Your Riding Position

Hi Fjiordlady
What a great riding position you are in! Very smart saddle, and your horse is gorgeous!!

Have some lovely hacks this weekend:)

Only just seen this pic of you riding, don't you look swish!:D

What girth have you gone for?

That was a difficult choice. Ideally I wanted one which had elastic inserts (not elastic each side) with a ring to clip on a breastplate and also some form of keepers to stop the billets hanging down - not fussy hey :p. I could not quite find one to suit all requirements although I quite liked this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENGLISH-Leath...887030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Horse_Wear_Equipm

Ended up buying Thorowgood as I have had larger versions for my treed saddles and been pleased. It was reasonably priced and covers all my requirements apart from the ring attachment :) so will suit the purpose until I find something ;)

Ah you want exactly what I want:D

I have a reactorpanel and now an exscelle integra, also have a startrekk girth, no elastic but has a center d-ring.

I have a wintec and a thorowgood, both annoy the crap out of me as they have no d-ring,lol.

newrider.com