NR meet up Somerset anyone? Update

@joosie and @Ale when you know if you can/ can't go. I might be able to pick you up from a railway station depending on where you can get to? Taunton perhaps?

Unless that complicates it more.

Reactions: orbvalley
@joosie and @Ale when you know if you can/ can't go. I might be able to pick you up from a railway station depending on where you can get to? Taunton perhaps?

Unless that complicates it more.

That's very kind of you thank-you. I'm happy getting a bus or walking if it's not too far or equally happy paying petrol money. I've very excited about this!

Reactions: orbvalley
You can take your bike on the train these days. A friend of mine doesn't drive but has an electric bike. She went to this horse function, actually it's when I first met her. She biked to the station, got on the train, then biked from the station to the event. I offered to give her a lift home as it turned out she lived in the same town to me. Unfortunately we couldn't get her bike in my estate car I had at the time. Electric bikes are much bigger. So she did the reverse home.

Reactions: MrA and newforest
Um.
Has anyone read the link that I put up? Does the website read to you as it costs xx for two hours on THEIR trained horses.
It doesn't say xx for two hours on yours and an extra xx to HIRE theirs.

I am a little (can't think of a word) about myself/ others having to hire horses on top of that cost.
Your thoughts

Huh? I read it, it looked like £60 for the group lesson, didn't see any mention of extra cost to hire the horses. On the about lesson page at the top is says 'enjoy trick riding on our horses' and they set a weight limit for jousting, so surely that means it's on their horses. If they are expecting you to joust on your own horse I would think tiny operation trying to top up their show income and possibly not the most professional......... I did wonder how they managed with so few horses.

Last edited:
Huh? I read it, it looked like £60 for the group lesson, didn't see any mention of extra cost to hire the horses. On the about lesson page at the top is says 'enjoy trick riding on our horses' and they set a weight limit for jousting, so surely that means it's on their horses. If they are expecting you to joust on your own horse I would think tiny operation trying to top up their show income and possibly not the most professional......... I did wonder how they managed with so few horses.

It means only three people can go as oppose to six. It's put me off I don't know about the rest of you guys?
That's very badly written in my view and I'm not the only one who read it as on theirs.

Reactions: Jessey
Are those who wanted to do the jousting happy to pay an extra £20 to hire the horse.
Issue now is only three of us can ride. So anyone else will be watching.

I am put off to be frank but would pop along and see you guys if you wanted to. :)

newrider.com