Nuts rip

Lemme

May 22, 2008
East Yorkshire
Today my beautiful gentle old lady passed over rainbow bridge.I am devastated
We think she had a fall or kick in the field. She was extra quiet when I left her this morning. She was up and drinking but not eating so I put her in the paddock on her own and had decided to call the vets if no better tonight. When we went to the field she had passed. The others were in ajoining paddocks and where standing vigil only leaving when daughter arrived. It won't be the same she is sadly missed.run free darling xxxx.

Well my little lady has been collected this morning , we will bring her back hopefully at the weekend and scatter her over the paddocks she spent her last years on - the boys are totally over the loss, Tess is quiet and Gem looks to have been standing vigil near the fence overnight, she came back over when they came to collect her and when I left both girls were stood at the fence watching , even though I have provided them both with access to an abundance of grass in the now growing winter field, it took Tess at least 2 weeks to settle after we lost Josh so I am trying to help her this time, the girls were a close knit little gang so I sort of expected the reaction I am seeing - Gem seems to be taking care of Tess in her own way so hopefully that will help. Nuts was usually the first to nicker on a morning when you got to the field it was strangely quiet this morning.

We are going to have a few issues now I expect, the reason for taking Nuts was as a companion for Tess, she then babysat Gem whilst she was in quarantine when we got her, we can use Acorn in the interim and see how it goes , it means Charlie will be on his own and although hes not too fussed him and Acorn do keep each other moving in the paddocks which for lammi prone is good.

Em messaged me last night after she has heard, she spent a lot of time showing her and is upset but at least is of an age to understand this is part of life.

We are all going to miss her , rest my darling xxxx

newrider.com