NYD hunting sidesaddle in the rain!

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
Well as I'm sure you all know, NYD was rather soggy!! We braved the weather however to go out hunting and as it was a lawn meet I decided to go SS. The ground was rather holding, so my boy felt like he was jumping huge to compensate for the deep going. A good bit of cab hailing went on due to this!! We cut the day short as the horses were tiring due to the weather and to be honest I think everyone just wanted to get back in the dry! My lad was a star as always, jumped well and looked after me :)
Wanted to share these two pics, the first of my boys looking super smart, and the second of a wee jump :)

Last edited:
I must admit, it is some feeling knowing you can point at anything and your horse will jump it! He is such a star, I wouldn't attempt half the jumps I do side saddle if I had any inclination that he may stop or run out, he never has yet! It was properly boggy infront of that jump, hence the cab hailing to keep myself balanced! He looks after me so well!
Hoping to have a lesson next week to do circles, pics won't be as interesting then I am afraid!

We were all rather soggy alright! I only learnt to ride ss coz I wanted to jump a hedge! Only when I started learning did I realise how hard it was!

newrider.com